• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I've never had a CHL but I carried an AKM with an East German side-folding stock and a 20-round magazine on a sling under a duster more than once in my younger days.
    The .380 rule is during CHL qualifying, I couldn't remember.

Eli

There is no .380 rule for qualifying for a CHL.
    Capitol Armory ad

armadillo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    TX
    I checked the DPS web site. The only thing I found is that CHL Instructors have to qualify with a .32 semiauto or larger and a .38 non-semiauto or larger.

I seem to remember the .32 rule applied when I did my renewal.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    I've never had a CHL but I carried an AKM with an East German side-folding stock and a 20-round magazine on a sling under a duster more than once in my younger days.
    The .380 rule is during CHL qualifying, I couldn't remember.

Eli

LOL! I did the same with a folding stock Mini-14 under a trench coat. Hung it muzzle down over my left shoulder, with the top of the weapon facing backwards, in what's called the "professional hunter carry". To bring it up, grab the stock with the left hand and twist as you bring it up, and it comes neatly into position at the right shoulder.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    LOL! I did the same with a folding stock Mini-14 under a trench coat. Hung it muzzle down over my left shoulder, with the top of the weapon facing backwards, in what's called the "professional hunter carry". To bring it up, grab the stock with the left hand and twist as you bring it up, and it comes neatly into position at the right shoulder.

Oooooh... Very nice...

SC-Texas

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Houston, TX
    As far as I know, the carry laws are governed by Unlawful carry of a weapon and as far as firearms, it only addresses handguns.

Therefore, you do not need a CHL to carry a shotgun, rifle or machinegun concealed as the legislature never legislated the concelaed carry of any firearm other than a handgun.

Top Bottom