• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Browncoat

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    BRLA
    Mossberg replied... and they say they can't (won't) fix it. Probably a liability/warranty issue but I won't be sending it back...
    I'm fixing to head to Lowes and see if they have a dowel that is the right diameter.
    If that doesn't work, I think I'll search for a 590 barrel and magazine tube and see if one of those is available. I believe they would match the receiver. The tube cap is different so it will hold 8-2 3/4" shells vs. 7 in the Persuader.

Browncoat

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    BRLA
    That is very fixable with several ways to remedy it.
    Easiest would be to find a dowl, broom handle round off one end heat the dimple with a torch then tap the dowel down passed the dimple. Yeah you'll see a heat mark but a small bottle of Birch Casey blueing or other brand would fix it.
    I went looking for a dowel, last night. A 7/8" diameter would probably work but the tube would definitely need to be heated enough, for the poplar to be dense enough, to push the dimple out. But first, I'm going to see if I can locate a tubing expander, like they use on mufflers, that'll fit. Maybe Harbor Freight... LOL Because I'm pretty sure they cost more than a new barrel and tube. Or even a used one.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    You mean like this?

Or this?
    Are gun accessories technically gun parts?

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Gun parts are 5th on the list under the heading of the thread
    At first, I thought you answered someone else's question. I say that because your reply did not, to me, seem to address the question I had asked. I asked what I asked because I'd really like to know if others consider firearms parts the same as firearms accessories. I was not looking for the gun parts forum but appreciate you letting folks know where it is located in TexasGunTalk.

On second thought, I cannot believe my mind could even hold one thought right now, let alone two. That as I took some pain meds earlier - for the very painful, earlier this evening, severe arthritis in my right hip, the arthritis, bulging discs along with some bone spikes/growths (forget what they are called) here and there along my spine - and am feeling the effects. I digress so, without further blather from me: If you were trying to tell me that what the someone posted about gun parts being a subset under gun accessories by way of showing how the site listed them, I can see what you mean but my question is unanswered still in as much as there were no objective indicators as to whether or not gun accessories & gun parts are essentially subsets of one another or if they are two entirely different things albeit - closely related. Now that I thought of it that way, I am guessing that was more likely how you were thinking about it (regardless of whichever one you think is correct).

As for me, I kind of, sort of, almost definitely think that: Gun parts are each and every attached part of a firearm in the original finished design and or as originally manufactured. That would include things like barrels, receivers, frames and detachable interchangeable parts . Accessories on the other hand would include any after-market or OEM add-ons that were not originally a part of the particular version of any appropriate model and of any given make. They could include the same type of things but yet would be accessories nonetheless as they were not in the original finished design and were not a part/feature of the firearm when manufactured such as: scopes & bases, iron sights, slings, sling swivels, recoil pads, barrels, trigger assemblies, grips, and so on.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom