• MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Evidently I misunderstood.
    LOL no worries - it's a good story just a little long for here... but maybe I can shorten it up.

Couple weeks after husb was killed two years ago, I was still up on the mountain and I bought a pump 410 shotgun that I didn't really know how to shoot, and didn't have any shells bought...so it was leaning up against the dresser in the bedroom - and about 2am one night, BIG crash out in the living room, I bolted sat upright yelled WHAT THE HELL - slid out of bed - grabbed the empty shotgun and racked it. Hoped that might scare off whoever or whatever was out there. Dead silence. Quietly moved my naked self towards the curtain dividing the rooms, stuck the barrel through first, pushed through. Nothing. Checked the rest of the cabin with the empty .410 - discovered a shelf had come off the wall, crashed down. Went back to bed.

Ok, well, the story tells much better in person (my new guy likes the part of the naked woman with a shotgun LOL) - but hey, at least it's about a gun so I guess it's okay in the thread. And it fits right in with @Moonpie 's post that started this all. :)

Last edited:

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    1680456931183.png

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    LOL no worries - it's a good story just a little long for here... but maybe I can shorten it up.

Couple weeks after husb was killed two years ago, I was still up on the mountain and I bought a pump 410 shotgun that I didn't really know how to shoot, and didn't have any shells bought...so it was leaning up against the dresser in the bedroom - and about 2am one night, BIG crash out in the living room, I bolted sat upright yelled WHAT THE HELL - slid out of bed - grabbed the empty shotgun and racked it. Hoped that might scare off whoever or whatever was out there. Dead silence. Quietly moved my naked self towards the curtain dividing the rooms, stuck the barrel through first, pushed through. Nothing. Checked the rest of the cabin with the empty .410 - discovered a shelf had come off the wall, crashed down. Went back to bed.

Ok, well, the story tells much better in person (my new guy likes the part of the naked woman with a shotgun LOL) - but hey, at least it's about a gun so I guess it's okay in the thread. :)
    Wow we have something in common.

The kitchen caught on fire one night and my naked ars ran outside to get a hose to put it out.

Facing uncertainty and danger ready to leave the world the same way we came in.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball

Ok, well, the story tells much better in person (my new guy likes the part of the naked woman with a shotgun LOL) - but hey, at least it's about a gun so I guess it's okay in the thread. And it fits right in with @Moonpie 's post that started this all. :)
    That's a good story. Hell, I like both, shotguns and naked women.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

Dammit! I was running with the "he died with a smile on his face" narrative.

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Please count me as (4, 5, and 6). :frog:
    Count me in too.

I am 1 through 6 depending on my day!

:)

Bad to moderate pain - ask my husband when it comes to my sense of humor. LOL

Plus throw in the BS and bat s crazy crapola in the news coming from ALL sides.

Take care.

Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Well now, I like gun peeps generally; I like T&A even more. But I tells ya, I have shot firearms since I could dangle my feet off the edge of a dime. An, there ain' much new to talk about.

On the other hand, I do enjoy discussin and cussin varied things I'm interested in with a bunch of firearms yahoos. If you don't, just scroll on by.

Have a nice day. It's still snowing here in Lib/la land!!
    I have a pile of snow in the back yard which is on the north side of the house that I built facing Snow Bowl ski resort (MT) in the distance. I am in the valley as you know.

We have had snow, ice, sleet, rain, wind coming through Hellgate Canyon and a bit of sun in ONE DAY'S time too! Sometimes in an hour or so too.

I saw the cherry blossoms blooming in the latter part of their BLOSSOM cycle on the 'news' and I longed for a REAL Mid-Atlantic SPRING.

My late husband used to say that we did not need a weather report living in his home state (Boonies - farm/lake - Great Lakes region.) because MY bones and body would tell him if a Northeaster or any other TYPE of storm was coming in to hit us. LOL

Cate

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    Do y'all even own any? Seems like more than 90 percent of the talk going on around here is bullshit. I'm cool with titty pic's in the mancave, but some of y'all folk need to get outside and enjoy some trigger time. This ain't twitterface. Get off the internet and enjoy some life. Drink a beer, shoot the shit, shoot the steel, get laid, do something. More guns. That is all.

My nice, interesting (I thought so!), using good manners = polite and sincere LONG reply to you which took me a LONG TIME TO TYPE due to my hand issues was considered too long - too many LETTERS or digits or whatever in one reply. Venting now.

So it did not TAKE when I pushed reply! Ugh.

So I DELETED all of it. I am not going to put a bunch of what I wrote in different posts for a reply.

GUNS still interest me. VERY specific types of classic firearms still interest me.

I LIKE TO READ ABOUT and LOOK AT something else in FIREARMS that I may not LIKE as much or want to own or shoot too!

I like to LEARN just as much now as I did when I was younger when it comes to ANY SUBJECT MATTER. NOT only when it comes to guns!

I rarely shoot any longer. I keep up my skills and safety issues. (I used to be a high volume shooter and I am not bs-ing you. Back east and out west.)

I have some physical issues and not just due to old age.

I no longer drive.

I gave my last 2 firearms - 2 rifles to my husband but I can still use them.

CZ 457 Lux in 22wmr and 22lr.

I have MANY other interests as an old lady as I did when I was younger.

My husband still shoots 1 or MORE TIMES per week. He shoots alone or with a close friend.

He helps control pests at his friend's HUGE CATTLE RANCH too! They have some sheep too.

He just got his new hunting/fishing licenses too.

He still reloads for ALL OF HIS CF FIREARMS but not for his .380 Glock pistol. He has been reloading since the early 70's.

He and I ENJOY the outdoors even if I am not out in the bitter cold, ice, snow, sleet, snow drifts, etc. as I used to be on a regular basis ALL of my life.

He is out and about more than I am.

Plus he walks (2 miles.) and exercises (UPPER body strength.) 5 days a week and sometimes 6 days at his gym.
    The upper body EXERCISE deal is 3 times per week.

So he walks a lot every single day. He runs errands too.

I exercise at home.

This past WINTER even here in town has been really HARD on me physically.

I still like to SWIM. We read a LOT! We enjoy nature.

We do not WATCH much on the boob tube or free things online.

We have OTA - over the air - free reception. NO dish or cable tv or streaming.

We do have cable for our ISP connection. I hate the company too. There is not much of a choice out here even IN town.

We have a few favorite movies.

I did DONATE my entire set of RAWHIDE to the library recently so other people can enjoy that series.

As I said, we READ a lot of books and online. I listen to TONS of overseas programs in English and some from all over the country OFF of my computer too.

I study and do a lot of research in various subject matters too.

I am much more INTO very SPECIFIC knives, axes and some 'hawks than I am INTO firearms now too!

ADDED MORE.

Cate

Last edited:
    Top Bottom