• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Getting a License To Carry has become a hot topic because of recent events. A self-proclaimed authority has claimed all LTC holders are trained and have a duty to defend others...

Number 1, LTC courses are NOT training courses anymore than going to the DPS to get your driver's license is Driving School. LTC courses evaluate your shooting skills and introduce you to weapon safety, weapon laws, use of force, and non-violent dispute resolution. It's your responsibility to follow up and continue your education.

At Impact Sept 26 2015 041.jpg

~Number 2, YOU HAVE NO DUTY TO ACT. Think about that long and hard. If you do decide to intervene; there is no "toe in the water" to test the temp. If you decide to act because there is no other choice for you; it's all in to win. If you are hesitant you may create more problems just like a good intentioned person who tries to rescue a drowning victim only to drown themselves along with the person they were saving.

Am I trying to discourage you? No, no I am not. I do need you to look at yourself and make a honest self-assessment. Many who talk the talk are absent when it's time to walk the walk.

There's three times that require absolute honesty; to God, to your family, and to YOURSELF. No bravado, no chest thumping, no flag waving I'muh gonna start killin &&^%%. Carrying a gun and deadly force are serious business. It's not a game nor is it to be taken lightly.

The only defense to the terrorist acts that we have all witnessed is me and people like me. I can't be present at all these incidents, but the more people I and my fellow instructors train the better our odds are. I don't say this to be a braggart, but a realist. I've made the decision long ago I'm expendable when it comes to saving lives and stopping evil.

I've made peace with my maker and while I want to live and thrive; I'm prepared to go into harm's way so others may live. If you want the tools to protect yourself and those you love; I'm all in to help you. If you only want to test the waters; you're wasting my time and your own.

putting in the work.jpg
    DK Firearms

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I knew prior to taking the CHL course and receiving my CHL-100 that I did not have enough training to actually carry but the reason I even took the course was my wife wanted to get her CHL. I was so relieved when we finished the course that our instructor made all those points very clear and my wife was paying attention. Since she has slowed her row and I have continued to train and educate. Amazing how these things manifest themselves. She wanted it and I didn't and now we have swapped our positions. Lol.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Training in your work attire........a good idea.

The interest in LTC is higher than I've seen in many years......

The general public is starting to understand that they are responsible for their safety, not the government........

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I knew prior to taking the CHL course and receiving my CHL-100 that I did not have enough training to actually carry but the reason I even took the course was my wife wanted to get her CHL. I was so relieved when we finished the course that our instructor made all those points very clear and my wife was paying attention. Since she has slowed her row and I have continued to train and educate. Amazing how these things manifest themselves. She wanted it and I didn't and now we have swapped our positions. Lol.

Similar here. I had thought about it but my wife brought it up out of the blue and she had only shot a 22 rifle 25+ years ago. I enrolled her in an intro to gun class and attended with here. She shot 5 shots through 16 different guns up to a 45. Still wanted her license so we bought her a 9mm. Lots of range practice and she received her CHL-100 last month. Still not confident so we still hit the range once per week.

The classes at my local range fill up around a week in advance. I was at the range Friday evening and since the SB attack, they've filled all December classes and are attempting to schedule more classes in December. I can't say more people were at the range but more want their license.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    ~Number 2, YOU HAVE NO DUTY TO ACT. Think about that long and hard. If you do decide to intervene; there is no "toe in the water" to test the temp. If you decide to act because there is no other choice for you; it's all in to win. If you are hesitant you may create more problems just like a good intentioned person who tries to rescue a drowning victim only to drown themselves along with the person they were saving.

Am I trying to discourage you? No, no I am not. I do need you to look at yourself and make a honest self-assessment. Many who talk the talk are absent when it's time to walk the walk.

Gospel truth.

I'd argue, though, that some of us (seemingly you included) feel a moral duty to act, regardless of legal duty. Past that, dead on, sir, dead on.

Top Bottom