• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shortbus76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    San Benito
    I am considering (again) getting my C & R license. My main interest in firearms is in the area of military history. Add to that the fact that I work in the field of education and have a large family and you can see why older surplus rifles appeal to me
    read that as small amounts of cash to spend on guns, though I do have a pretty decent collection now. Does anyone think it is worth the hassle, time and money to get a C & R? Are all the good deals drying up? Keep in mind that I don't just collect guns, anything I own I also shoot. I would mostly be looking for Mosins and mausers----should I take the C & R leap or not?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    It is so easy to get your C&R!!!
    Had mine in 40 days and no problems what so ever.
    Buying is just as easy.
    There are good deals all the time from many sources.
    My problem is low cash flow right now - LOL
    I might have more money if I did not have a job and rode the welfare wagon but I was raised to walk and work so......

shortbus76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    San Benito
    I guess I will take the plunge after Christmas. I do see a few deals out there. I know what you mean about work---like lynard skynard said---"keep on workin' like a workin' man should do" gotta pay the bankers and obamas cousins. Oh, ell----Have a Merry Christmas

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just got mine, took 30 days from when I mailed it to when it arrived.

It's a piece of cake, just download this primer and follow the instructions. You have to request the forms from the ATF (do so here, select "F 7CR (5310.16) - Application for License (Collector of Curios and Relics) Under 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44, Firearms"), but they come within a week. I recommend filling out a copy of them first, then the originals.

Also, don't forget DO NOT TO SIGN YOUR 03 C&R FFL! Make numerous copies of it and sign those when buying a firearm.

Lastly, you'll have to keep a bound book of your entries (receipts and dispositions). You can download the forms for it here, or if you search around the web you can find a MS Word version that allows you to type in the info. I do that so I can keep a softcopy record in addition to the required hardcopy.

I bought my first C&R rifle (a Mosin M38) less than 24 hours after getting my C&R. It was super easy, I just signed a copy and handed it to the vendor at the gun show. There were no forms to fill out, and they will keep it filed in case I want to buy any more C&R firearms from them. It's a good idea to send signed copies to all the major online firearms sellers as well...

Bottom line: Get your C&R, it's cheap ($30 for 3 years) and it makes life a lot easier. The only downside is you might buy even more guns once you have it!

Cheers! M2

shortbus76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    San Benito
    Thanks for the post and the links. I think this will be the next logical step in my collecting hobby. Thanks for the convincing post---you convinced me.

res1b3uq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    I saved enough on one order from Brownells to more than pay for my C&R. There are several retailers who give discounts if you have a C&R on file with them. Also just bought another Da**ed old Colt, which didn't save me any money.

Top Bottom