• Laptop

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

will083031

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    san antonio
    I am thinking of getting a wife either an iPad or Laptop for her birthday what she is looking for is something portable what would I get her? Her current laptop is somewhat slow and outdated and I would like something new and upgradable. She mainly wants something light to check e-mail, web surfing and type documents (Word, and Excel). I cannot really think of anything else to ask but would like more feedback
    Lynx Defense

espnazi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    El Paso
    I voted laptop since for the price of an ipad they have a lot more function. and unless you get the keyboard for the ipad typing documents wont be that easy or comfortable.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    laptop.
    without a second thought.

the ipad is jsut a big assed ipod
    the pc is a computer.
    ;)

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    You can get a PC laptop for less money than the iPad and it will be a lot more useful as an actual computer, plus software is a non issue, which is not the case with anything MAC inspite of what the MAC nuts will tell you.

Laptop gets my vote.

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    To me the iPad is a glorified iPhone without the phone. A Windows PC would be alot more capable.

You can get a PC laptop for less money than the iPad and it will be a lot more useful as an actual computer, plus software is a non issue, which is not the case with anything MAC inspite of what the MAC nuts will tell you.

Laptop gets my vote.

I use Macs and PCs at work. (Printing industry) I have found no incompatibility with documents from one to the other as long as the software versions are compatible and the fonts match. Software versions of Adobe's creative suite need to be compatible even on the same platform.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I voted laptop since for the price of an ipad they have a lot more function. and unless you get the keyboard for the ipad typing documents wont be that easy or comfortable.

laptop.
    without a second thought.

the ipad is jsut a big assed ipod
    the pc is a computer.
    ;)

Laptop gets my vote.

To me the iPad is a glorified iPhone without the phone. A Windows PC would be alot more capable.

I use Macs and PCs at work. (Printing industry) I have found no incompatibility with documents from one to the other as long as the software versions are compatible and the fonts match. Software versions of Adobe's creative suite need to be compatible even on the same platform.

That about sums it up...Plus, no productivity software for the iPad unless you buy Documents-to-go, and even then it's somewhat limited.

Vance

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    San Leon Texas
    I too voted Laptop.

I was in Best Buy sometime back and checked out the Ipads and wasn't really that impressed.

You'll definately get more usage from an actual computer.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    We have an iPod along with a herd of laptops and workstations in the house.

The iPod is my wife's and she uses it for a few things: words with friends, a back lit Kindle reader, simple web surfing while watching TV. Actual work gets done on a laptop or one of the workstations. Even with a keyboard on the iPod, you just arent going to get it all done.

Get the laptop first so she can get her work done. Then if you need a tablet type device think about an iPod.

*yes, I know he's talking about an iPad.

Top Bottom