• ...and so much more!
  • Harry Buckholts

Rooster
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2020
    Fulton, Texas
    Good afternoon, my name is Harry Buckholts,.. my nickname is Rooster. I'm 72 years old and live in Fulton, Texas. I've sold my boat and quit fishing, the currents can almost become too much for an older wade fisherman. I still deer and hog hunt. I've always loved Jeff Cooper, Elmer Keith, Jack O'Connor and Bill Jordan and Parker Ackley. They had a large influence on my opinion of firearms. A lot of great men have gone before us. If you live in an urban area, don't forget the white, yellow, orange and red.

Hope all here are well.

Rooster
    Texas SOT

Harry Buckholts

Rooster
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2020
    Fulton, Texas
    Such a welcome. To baxter 60: I have never been placed in a life or death situation, but some quotes from Jeff Cooper, offer perspective: "A .45 cal. bullet in a mans chest is going to prove to be a bad day for him." "The only solution to criminal aggression is overwhelming retaliation." "God bless the man, who when looking into the face of death, sees nothing but his front sight." Asked in an interview, his relationship to the Biblical quote, "Violence begets violence", Coopers answer was, "I surely intend to see that it does." A Marine and if I'm preaching to the choir, I apologize.
    ZX9RCAM. I meant to mention in my into. that I live with a 2 year old Brittany. He's a bit of an anomaly, he stands 23/24 inches at the shoulder and weighs 66 lbs. He's still lanky and his name is Bones.
    Wolfwood/Big Boss. I confess that I drink Corona with an occasional shot of Bulleit.
    Todd n Joyce. I want to be in the bunker beside Tim.
    308 Nato. You've taken the cake with the greatness of those two quotes. About two months ago, I was reading the Declaration of Independence and after 72 yrs, I finally realized, not only the intellectual ability of our founding fathers, but surely their nerves of steel. They had to know, they must have known, that they were leading us into a war with England. That would have struck me as an overwhelming endeavor. But it wasn't. Here's a bit of trivia. I have an ancestor, an officer, that rode with Francis Marian, The Swamp Fox. He survived the war.
    So now if TGT doesn't anything else about me, you now know that I'm long winded.

Thank's and what a pleasure.

Rooster

Harry Buckholts

Rooster
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2020
    Fulton, Texas
    Please read post 15. Although it's taken me most of my life, I've finally come to see and even understand a little of the greatness of our forefathers.

Stay well, Rooster

Last edited:
    Top Bottom