• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Hewitt
    What a great day of training. As usual, long held thoughts, beliefs and dogmas were shattered. Cardboard targets never threaten you, move, shoot back, pull knives, etc. We had a few attend who had never trained in Force on Force using airsoft pistols and Nok training knives. It's always motivating to see new guys have that "aha" moment. I was glad to see a couple of old friends and meet a new guy. Several of us did live fire before we went to lunch. If you are interested in this, and live close to Waco we always look forward to meeting new folks and we love training. Future events will be posted here. All for a $10 range fee.
    DK Firearms

Don "Ho"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    Southlake
    We had a few attend who had never trained in Force on Force using airsoft pistols

I was one of the new guys and the entire agenda was eye opening. This was the first time I was able to GOTX under a stresfull condition. First time I experienced the 21' foot under pressure.

The instruction was straight forward and clear. We were able to see what would and would not work. I came away with the knowledge that I need more training and practice.

I want to thank you JohnH, Steve and Joel for all the instructions.

Don "HO"

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I am disappointed I couldn't make it. My mother in law decided to come into town at the last moment and I couldn't run off to play with her in town. Sounds like you guys train this skill set from time to time? Even if not free I would be interested in coming to a session where I didn't have to pay someone $400 for a class...Keep us informed.

Thanks!

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    ...I picked up an M&P airsoft C02 powered for like $50 at Academy....

This is interesting. I was figuring you'd have to spend a couple hundred dollars to get a decent airsoft pistol that would last.
    For you folks who have done this, do the under $100 airsoft pistols last?

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    I am disappointed I couldn't make it. My mother in law decided to come into town at the last moment and I couldn't run off to play with her in town. Sounds like you guys train this skill set from time to time? Even if not free I would be interested in coming to a session where I didn't have to pay someone $400 for a class...Keep us informed.

Thanks!
    Yes, we do it more or less quarterly so hopefully you can make our next one. The Intro to Force-on-Force Gunfighting class really should be the very first gunfighting class anyone takes IMHO, it provides the context of a reactive gunfight so you can make informed decisions about additional training and gear you need. Even if you had to pay someone $400 for this class (actually a similar course runs $450 from one "big name" training corporation) the lessons learned will easily save you that much in money spent on holsters and training you may later find to be of marginal utility, not to mention time saved.

This is interesting. I was figuring you'd have to spend a couple hundred dollars to get a decent airsoft pistol that would last.
    For you folks who have done this, do the under $100 airsoft pistols last?
    Maybe. Even the more expensive ones can have problems, but usually they seem to last longer than the cheap ones. Airsoft enthusiasts do a lot of video reviews etc, so you should probably research whatever you buy.

This is the lowest price G19/23 I recommend at $109: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/GP-KJW-G23-B.htm

JohnH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Hewitt
    Mic, at the time I didn't have that much $ to spend on an airsoft, the Glock blowback copies were gone from the sites that had them(some lawsuit thing by Glock?). Now I understand the blowback Glock airsofts are in again. But I was surprised that the C02 worked pretty well. The last time I checked the local Academy they didn't have any nor did their website advertise them. My point was you don't need to fret over the cost of getting into FoF.

I hope you all can join us again. It is an eye opening event.

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    My point was you don't need to fret over the cost of getting into FoF.
    Good point John. Look, here's a spring powered G30 for $5.99: http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AP-CYMA-P698.htm

It is the exact dimensions as real G30, but the weight is light, it's single shot, and is built to $6 toy standards; however, you could still do some valuable training with it. That said, spend the money and get a decent gas blowback pistol if you can possibly afford it, you really need the ability to deliver multiple shots to be a good training partner at our events.

Top Bottom