0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    261295_10150228931788699_285443548698_7172304_5575352_n.jpg
    Saturday, 3 Mar 2012, 9am-1pm+
    Intro to Force-on-Force Gunfighting
    Waco, TX
    FREE Training, $10 day-use range fee.

At this event we will conduct well-organized force-on-force drills using airsoft pistols. If you carry a pistol for personal defense, this event will provide a true measure of just what you are capable of in a dynamic two-way gunfight or knife assault. This is must-do training if you are serious about personal defense.

While we regularly get to go full-speed against each other with training knives, gunfighting training requires the use of airsoft pistols to achieve a high level of realism. We will focus on "experiential learning", showing some drills and then letting everybody see what works for them. As always the best instructor is a fully resistant training partner intent on shooting/stabbing you before you shoot them. We will do knife v pistol first, starting with the classic Tueller Drill, then work in more movement by the shooter. Later we will work pistol vs pistol in various challenging scenarios.

This event will be at a private range in Waco, location sent upon RSVP. Following the Force-on-Force instruction, participants are welcome to use the rest of the range facility for live-fire.

Must Have Item:
    Paintball/Motorcycle Full Face Mask with Fitted Goggles. Available at Academy Sports or Wal-Mart.

Training Weapons
    Airsoft Pistol: This is an invaluable training tool. We recommend one similar in design to your carry pistol. They are available from many sources, at varying levels of cost and quality.

Don't forget CO2 bottles, Green Gas or Propane (w/Propane Adapter), Biodegradeable Airsoft Pellets, and your daily-wear holster.

We are limiting this event to 30 participants. A Facebook RSVP alone will not hold your seat. RSVP for this event now by emailing steve@ctctg.com

DK Firearms

JohnH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Hewitt
    4 hours of Force on Force training for $10. I like standing still and shooting ego satisfying tight groups as much as the next guy. But reality says you will behind the curve, probably alone and under alot of stress. We carry concealed handguns for the possibility of an unexpected attack by one or more thugs. Come learn ways to not get shot and put rounds into them(not-pc..sorry) through FoF.

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    You CHL holders NEED some of this. FREE training, just bring a airsoft and gear! The square range is a form of practice but you really need to know how to move.

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    I know a lot of guys are reluctant to buy a quality airsoft pistol because of the stigma it's a "toy". But an airsoft pistol matching the design and weight of your carry pistol is an incredibly valuable training tool. With airsoft, nearly everyone has the ability to have a pistol range at home. With a modern gas-powered blowback pistol the only thing missing is the recoil.

Is it exactly like shooting an actual firearm? No.

It it close enough to provide considerable training value, particularly when training movement and alternate sighting methods? Yes.

If you already have a dryfire regimen of say ten "draw-to-trigger-squeezes" per day, imagine how much more value you could get out of ten drawstrokes PLUS ten first shots? And have you ever tried to fire your actual firearm while running backwards from a knife assault? Think you can beat the Tueller 21' Rule standing still? And when was the last time you trained on the "two-way range" where someone is shooting at you? The benefits of training with airsoft far outweigh the limitations of no recoil.

If any of this is making sense to you and you want to train with us, but don't have an airsoft pistol yet, I'll have a few loaners.

Hope to meet some more TGTers at this event.

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    Would you consider yourself ready for a baseball game if the only practice you ever did was in a batting cage? If the only gunfight training you are getting is against cardboard targets why would you think you are ready for a gunfight?

Force-on-Force, with airsoft or simunitions, is the only way (short of an actual gunfight) where you get to see it all come together. And what we usually see on a guy's first time out are gaps, the inactive pauses between actions, and actions linked sequentially instead of simultaneously. This holistic assessment gives a more complete picture of someone's capability than just a shot timer and paper target.

And seriously, who wouldn't prefer to have their shortcomings revealed in the gentle touch of a 400fps plastic pellet fired by a friend, instead of a 1200fps jacketed hollow point bullet fired by a bad guy? It's about feeling the love. :)

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I hate to admit it but I might look into gettin a decent gas blow back pistol so I can do drills out here at the marina. You can get all metal pistols for $100-150. That sounds like a pretty fun course.

Akofus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2012
    Austin
    Well structured FOF can be enlightening. Training under pressure is a good way to separate the wheat from the chaff as far as skill sets.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I promise to join you folks for one of these by the end of the year. I have been thinking of getting an airsoft for this. But I have too many other short term commitments to spend the money on one before the class.

JohnH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Hewitt
    I am glad to see the interest in this class. I used to be kind of cocky. After all, I always shot a 100% on the qual. course at my department. But I noticed that the dash cam videos catching gunfights, and the security camera caught gunfights didn't look a thing like the training I was doing...stand tall and still like Matt Dillon or The Duke. Then I was introduced to shooting(airsoft) against another living, moving, thinking human being in 2009. Man was I humbled! My perfect weaver stance that worked so well on the range against a cardboard target was torn down when a psycho(training buddy) charged me from 21 feet armed with a knife(Nok training knife). I have since come to realize that Force on Force training is crucial to a real student of self defense.

This is not the only one of these training days that I(we) will have in 2012. I make no money off of this. Zero. Nada penny. The $10 range fee goes to the owner of the range( a co-worker) for improvements. I do this because I think it's important and I like realistic training.

And I will go out on a limb here(disagreement is fine), but I picked up an M&P airsoft C02 powered for like $50 at Academy, CO2 cartidges, a boatload of airsoft BBs, a Nok training knife from Dog Brothers Martial Arts, and a face mask at Walmart. Total was around $100 give or take a few. $100 for equipment that will aid in realistic training for the parking lot, Chilis bathroom, gas pumps, etc encounters.

I hope some of you can join us soon.

Steve M

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Central Texas
    So is this shoot no shoot stuff, or actual skill building/skill testing?
    We do both, but this particular event is more about skill building/testing. This event is really set up as a diagnostic tool and discovery learning regarding the actual dynamics of a gunfight and knife assault.

This is an important difference between what we do and what some other trainers do. In my eyes it's not "Force-on-Force" unless both sides are actively trying to win within the limitations of the exercise, one side just following a script doesn't cut it. Back to the baseball analogy, imagine the difference between trying to hit pitches thrown by your coach in practice and pitches thrown by an opposing player in a game. Sure there's a real person out there throwing both times, not a pitching machine, but one is fully committed to making you strike out while the other is trying to help you grow.

Top Bottom