Target Sports

Interesting read, Hope this isnt a repost...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    FDA Raids Amish Farmer Dan Allgyer

here are some choice passages fromt eh abovce article...

FDA Steps Up Enforcement Against Raw Milk

THE RAID
    On April 20, two FDA agents, two federal marshals and one state trooper descended on the Kinzer, Pennsylvania farm (Rainbow Acres) of Dan Allgyer to execute an administrative search warrant against Allgyer's premises. The group set foot on the farm at 5 a.m. to conduct the inspection even though the warrant called for the inspection to take place "at reasonable times during reasonable business hours." The warrant allowed the FDA agents to inspect "all portions of Rainbow Acres facility (except for the private residence located therein) and all things therein, including all equipment, finished and unfinished materials, containers and labeling therein." The warrant also called for the "use of reasonable force" to gain entry to any area the agents were authorized to search.
    Later that day after the agents reported their findings to officials at FDA's Philadelphia district office, Philadelphia District Director Kirk Sooter sent Allgyer a warning letter stating that FDA had determined that "you are causing to be delivered into interstate commerce, selling or otherwise distributing raw milk in final package form for human consumption, such distribution is a violation of the Public Health Service (PHS) Act, Title 42 United States Code, Section 264(a), and the implementing regulation codified in Title 21, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Section 1240.61(a)."

The agency is at the center of the opposition to raw milk and wants a complete ban on the product's sale and distribution. In the Chicago area, the FDA has targeted for enforcement (one at a time) twenty (20) different buying clubs the agency suspects of having obtained raw milk from out-of-state sources. FDA has a similar strategy for the states, with the plan being to pressure one state at a time to ban raw milk sales.

Efforts are being made to overturn the ban. In February of this year, the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund filed a lawsuit in federal district court seeking a court ruling that the federal ban is unconstitutional as applied to its members and other individual plaintiffs. Congressman Ron Paul last year introduced HR 778, a bill that would effectively overturn 21 CFR 1240.61.
    (emphasis added by me)
    Target Sports

San Antone RR

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    San Antonio
    The old bullshit excuse. Interstate Commerce. If you are doing something .gov doesn't like, they slap you with IC when they can't find another reason.

If someone wants to drink raw milk, so be it. Hell, I was at Outback a couple of years ago and this older gentleman (90's) sitting at the table next to me ordered a raw T-Bone. I eat mine really rare, but this guy's steak had literally not seen the grill. I asked my server about it and she said the gentleman is in once or twice a month and orders it raw. My then girlfriend asked if there was some sort of waiver he needed to sign and the server just laughed and said: "Nope. It's his gut."

As long as people understand what they are getting, let them buy/sell.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    As long as people know what they are buying, the government should stay the hell out of it.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Everyone knows that the Amish are just a cover for terrorist sleeper cells who want to send our country into an emergency with tainted milk. Why do y'all hate America and love Amish terrorists? </sarcasm>

Go Ron Go!!!!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I never cared much for milk but my Mother poured it down me every meal (thank goodness) and it was straight from the cow with the cream skimmed of with which to churn and make our butter....Along in the late thirties and the forties came dread Polio and somebody thought that pastuerized milk might prevent that terrible disease, so town folks who bought store bought milk, were buying pastuerized milk....Big Government whom wants to regulate what we eat and drink and even the air we breath, are now going apes--t in regulating everything in our lives...A little regulation for our health and safety has been necessary but the
    damn toadies always in power are seemingly nitwits most of the time !

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    The government's obsession over unpasteurized milk is ridiculous, but no more insane than banning incandescent light bulbs (which goes into effect in December) or the efforts in San Francisco to ban circumcision. Gun owners, esp. thru the NRA, have had to fight this nonsense for years. It should frighten all of us that our government wants to control our lives from cradle to grave. (Literally; one of the best "fixes" for Social Security is for retirees to die a bit sooner. Since that also helps out Obamacare and bring in more inheritance taxes, don't think that somebody in Washington isn't running the numbers at this very moment.)

Top Bottom