• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Just got off the phone with my attorney, who btw was instrumental with the "no penalty" phase in regard to failure to show CHL, who stated OC will be pushed very hard and early during the upcoming legislative session.

The OC issue will be restricted to those meeting qualifications to CC...thank God.

The issue of "employer parking lot" will also be pushed once again.

Rick Perry is strongly backing both initiatives!!
    Texas SOT

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Is that meaning only people with a CHL can OC or just so long has you meet the qualifications for one?

I would guess you would still need to have a CHL which might be called a CH/OCL or just simply a carry permit. How else would one show evidence that they meet the qualifications for being able to obtain a CHL? The requirements to obtain a CHL are more stringent than those to simply buy and keep a gun at home.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    They parking lot deal would be great. Wonder if it would be forced to supercede private corporations internal rules. My employer has a no weapons on company property clause.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    They parking lot deal would be great. Wonder if it would be forced to supercede private corporations internal rules. My employer has a no weapons on company property clause.

+1,000,000 on that one!

I'm still p***ed off about the last legislature failing to make that work.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    So would I - but remember that during the CC debate, one of the key issues was allowing stores/shops/etc. to post their premises off-limits? Remember the proliferation of such signs everywhere? Today, they're rare - because the camel got into the tent, showed he was a "good guy" (and that he'd shop elsewhere if the sign remained up) - and folks took 'em back down. This is a long-favored tactic of the radical left - it's about time that we simple, law-abiding folks used their own tactics against 'em.

Artilum

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Arlington, Tx
    If the only requirement were that you could legally buy a gun, then just about everyone in Texas could OC. I'm not really sure I want EVERYONE to be able to OC. You have to remember that private sales do not have to go through a dealer and no background check has to be done. I am ALL FOR OC, but I think if you want to OC, you need to go through the same requirements as a CHL does today. Maybe like navyguy says... just change it to a "carry permit."

ChrisV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Montgomery, Texas
    I know it may not be popular but after living in Arizona with open carry I still think it should be handled like a driver's license. You can drive on your own property and run into trees and crash without a driver's license but I feel safer knowing you had some kind of training when your operating a car around my family. Everyone does have a rite to own and bear arms but util the rest of the people are as smart and educated as we are, I would feel more conferrable knowing they had to prove some kind of knowledge about firearms before going out in the streets.

Chris

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    So what about us Vets that have more firearms knowledge and training than 90+% of the CHL holders out there that cant get a CHl because we had to have Psych Eval's in the military. Alot of these post seem to be along the lines of elitism, "I want to be able to do it cause im special but i dont want everyone to be able to exercise thier rights because they arent as good as me", thats all i hear when i see post like these.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

Now, ah realize that ah'm jest a dumb ol' country boy....but where does it speak to background checks, permits, or specific training?!?? I am SO damned tired of the half-assed "gun owners" who want to give up rights to "get along" - THAT is what got us the Gun Control Act, Brady Bill, et al. I'm cool with whittling away at the restrictions - but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give ammo to the bastards to use against us.
    People drive drunk every day - do we REALLY do anything to stop 'em?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    So what about us Vets that have more firearms knowledge and training than 90+% of the CHL holders out there that cant get a CHl because we had to have Psych Eval's in the military. Alot of these post seem to be along the lines of elitism, "I want to be able to do it cause im special but i dont want everyone to be able to exercise thier rights because they arent as good as me", thats all i hear when i see post like these.
    What about you vets??? "Firearms kowledge" has very little to do with carrying a gun. My wife knows very little about guns, but knows how to shoot hers, and when and when not to pull it out and when to leve it concealed.
    If I haven't detected any "elitism" on these threads. Simply people wanting to offer a small degree of protection to deter just any lunatic from legally carrying a gun.
    You have mentioned on no less than a dozen posts on various threads that your military psych eval has kept you from getting a CHL.... might I suggest having another psych eval done? Maybe its me, but when I run into an obstacle, I tend to keep working until I find away over or around it. While I am not a fan of getting out of state CHLs, right now it is legal, and it appears that there are other states in which you could get one.
    You have more options than you may realize...

Top Bottom