• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    You haven't been to Austin in the last quarter-century, have you?

Eli
    At least in Houston they actually have beltways and loops with more than 3 lanes. Austin's infrastructure development has been stymied by environmental interests, so has not developed according to growth. People still move here.......'cause Austin is so "cool" (sarcasm)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by and hang out, I'll be at the 1820 lounge until the end of the game.

Attachments

• 15723798593915314051623014626237.jpg
      15723798593915314051623014626237.jpg
      1.5 MB · Views: 225

Dad_Roman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2018
    Teague
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    I have a feeling you're not going to like Houston lol.

After experiencing Houston. I must say, it's better than Dallas. Though to be honest the area of town I was in wasn't one I would go back too. The Hostel I stayed in was nice and clean, the staff were friendly, and it was a cozy little place. The neighborhood had a nice Antebellum look to it. (Being a southernphile, I love that sort of stuff. Found myself whistling Dixie on my walks through) the thing that kind of killed it for me though was the people. Now, I don't know if it was just the area I was in, but it seemed like almost everyone I encountered wasn't from the United States. Which I really don't mind if it was one or two people here or there, but the fact I met around only 5 native born Texans was very strange to me. And the leftist environment was annoying, I get enough of that shit in commiefornia. I'm thinking about setting my sites to settle somewhere in the west. I want to be right in the middle of the chihuahuan desert.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2019
    Irvine, CA
    Another thing for certain: This trip has solidified my burning hatred of Californians. I absolutely despise all the fucking dipshits that come from this state and ruin everything around it. They ruin everything good in this country.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    After experiencing Houston. I must say, it's better than Dallas. Though to be honest the area of town I was in wasn't one I would go back too. The Hostel I stayed in was nice and clean, the staff were friendly, and it was a cozy little place. The neighborhood had a nice Antebellum look to it. (Being a southernphile, I love that sort of stuff. Found myself whistling Dixie on my walks through) the thing that kind of killed it for me though was the people. Now, I don't know if it was just the area I was in, but it seemed like almost everyone I encountered wasn't from the United States. Which I really don't mind if it was one or two people here or there, but the fact I met around only 5 native born Texans was very strange to me. And the leftist environment was annoying, I get enough of that shit in commiefornia. I'm thinking about setting my sites to settle somewhere in the west. I want to be right in the middle of the chihuahuan desert.

Yeah, well, Houston is the most 'diverse' city in America, and those that are adults and native are a rarity.

Eli

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    People who are from Texas born and raised rarely live in this area. Houston is a melting pot of all kinds and colors. Most of the good ole boys move out west into the country. I’ve been here for 3 years, and I can count on both hands the native born Houstonians I’ve come across

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    I was watching a documentary last night filmed during a class about CRISPR and it's role in genetics.

The instructor's hair was completely blonde 1/3 in front and the back 2/3 dark. Both ears were filled with little hoop earrings...front top of his ears to bottom. Plus, his face in general was filled bits of metal. And of course the pseudo-cool guy obligatory tattoos on his arms.

He looked like an ass-whole. (misspelled deliberately)

When people past teenage years have a 'look at me - look at me' case of raging narcissism, I just shake my head at their bizarre instability.

How/when did looking like a mental patient become attractive to some dipshitz?

And Houston is now a magnet for these buttholes. They're everywhere insisting they aren't conformists, yet somehow, they all look the same tribe of dweebs...

SA_Steve

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    San Antonio, Texas USA
    I grew up in Houston, through college in the late 60's. The demographics have changed to those of a foreign country in the last 40 years or so. No one looks like me when I visit. But I do enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Lots of variety comes with the change.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    They're everywhere insisting they aren't conformists, yet somehow, they all look the same tribe of dweebs...
    There's been some interesting scientific research on why people who want to look different from normal wind up all looking alike. It's a fascinating phenomenon.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Yes, looking different just like everybody else....

Yep, nothing's really changed, except what's considered cool, or hot.

We had Hollywood flat tops, thin belts with pants worn low, and pointy shoes, for a while.
    Later, cowboy boots, hat and plate sized belt buckles.

Then Uncle Sam beckoned.
    The OD jungle fatigues weren't cool, or optional, but we did look like birds of a feather ...

More recently, still think the NCIS, forensic Goth chick is hot ...

Top Bottom