DK Firearms

Indictment: So-called ‘Glock Switches’ Would Have Turned Pistols into Machineguns

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    TOPEKA, KAN. – A Topeka man is facing federal charges after he imported devices from China that for $19 a piece can turn a Glock pistol into a fully automatic machinegun, U.S. Attorney Stephen McAllister said today.

The defendant was indicted yesterday in U.S. District Court in Topeka.

Jacob Gragg, 33, Topeka, Kan., is charged in a four-count indictment with one count of unlawful possession of a machinegun, one count of unlawful possession of an unregistered machinegun, one count of unlawful possession of an explosive and one count of possession with intent to distribute marijuana.

The indictment alleges investigators seized seven so-called “Glock switches” and half a pound of Tannerite, which is a binary explosive, from Gragg. Gragg bought the Glock switches from a company in Shenzhen, Gaundong Province, China. On a website, the company advertised the “Glock Auto Switch,” saying the product would convert all models of Glock pistols to “Full Auto.” The device operates by applying force to the trigger bar to prevent it from limiting the weapon to firing only one round each time the trigger is depressed.

The indictment alleges Gragg was prohibited from possessing the explosive because he had prior felony convictions in Shawnee County District Court and Morris County District Court.

If convicted, he faces the following penalties:

Unlawful possession of a machine gun (count one) and unlawful possession of an explosive by a prohibited person (count three): Up to 10 years in federal prison and a fine up to $250,000
    Possession of an unregistered machinegun (count two): Up to 10 years and a fine up to $10,000.
    Possession with intent to distribute marijuana: Up to five years and a fine up to $250,000.
    Investigating agencies included the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Homeland Security Investigations, the Topeka Police Department and the Shawnee County Sheriff’s Office. Assistant U.S. Attorney Skip Jacobs is prosecuting.

https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/indictm...itches’-would-have-turned-pistols-machineguns
    Target Sports

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That danged ol Ebay can be dangerous to ones freedom.
    Good thing I dont own a glock, I just might have bought one for $20
    No one in their right mind would buy one of these with a paper trail leading back to them. I will also saying by one for cash from a stranger does not seem to be an intelligent move either.

I remember the old Remington 1100 machine guns years pass. I was a lot younger & dumber back then & never bought into that lunacy!

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I've heard for years the Feds have similar sites set up on Ebay to try to catch dumb criminals.
    I would never buy anything like that for the reasons you mentioned.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I've heard for years the Feds have similar sites set up on Ebay to try to catch dumb criminals.
    I would never buy anything like that for the reasons you mentioned.
    Not unlike cops send mail to people with warrants saying the won something. When they show up & verify who they are they go to jail.

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    That’s one of the reasons I’ve never wanted an arm brace on a short barreled AR, bump stocks, or anything else that crosses a fine line or is a matter of subjective interpretation. Peace of mind and a clear conscience is invaluable.

I get clowns pulling up beside me wanting to race all the time, some flip me off when I don’t respond. I ignore it.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    No one in their right mind would buy one of these with a paper trail leading back to them. I will also saying by one for cash from a stranger does not seem to be an intelligent move either.

I remember the old Remington 1100 machine guns years pass. I was a lot younger & dumber back then & never bought into that lunacy!

If I recall properly from my gunsmithing days, leave out one pin and the 1100 became full auto. Recall seeing shotgun pattern on the wall and ceiling, where someone had been test firing one. First shot went into the test chamber, second into the wall, third into the ceiling.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Gragg bought the Glock switches from a company in Shenzhen, Gaundong Province, China.

I bet when he placed the order, it never got further then the task force's server here in the U.S.

Dumbass!!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I'm not going to link it, but they market it as an airsoft item;)
    ... the comments are pretty entertaining

Wow great deal. It goes great with the auto sear I bought from Shotgun News. I will be out of prison in 10 years, maybe less but doubt it. Federal time ya know. But man it was great for a couple days.

Totally awesome device for attracting cool guys like Lon Horiuchi. The feds totally won't shoot your wife and kids and dog after you buy this.
    • ByRandy Weaver
    • May 24, 2019

Sick honey pot ATF

Just want to give everyone a fair warning. I ordered this myself. Fits on any glock. But the slide won’t fully close until you shave it down a bit. Doesn’t take much. But then it works perfect. It’s pretty Fucking awesome actually, until the atf came to my house, my work, and my work prior to my job now, about 2 months after I had it. I’m lucky and thankful that they were actually cool about it. I had to sign a piece of paper, and forfeit the piece to them. But it was fun while it lasted. So people. Unless you want the atf knocking at your door, and 2 guys who look like they’re dressed for church but with Glocks on their sides and handcuffs in their back pockets showing up at your work and asking for you, then don’t order it. If you do order it. They won’t let you know when they’re coming. But they will. Literally what they told me. They won’t call you ahead trust me lol. I ordered mine from a different website but it’s the same thing. They shut down the other website now. But this looks like the same gig. Except I only paid 20 dollars for mine haha from China. So people just do yourself a favor and don’t order, it’s not worth the risk. Only reason I gave it 5 stars is because it was sweet. Always wanted to shoot a full auto, especially a pistol. But the atf cut me a break, can’t guarantee that for you. Not worth it!

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    If I recall properly from my gunsmithing days, leave out one pin and the 1100 became full auto. Recall seeing shotgun pattern on the wall and ceiling, where someone had been test firing one. First shot went into the test chamber, second into the wall, third into the ceiling.

When I was a teenager in the 50's we had a Sears JC Higgins 12ga SA that would out-of-the-blue fire fully automatic.

Never tried it without the plug, but it would occasionally fire three rounds automatic, scaring the crap out of your hunting buddies in the duck blind, and that last round was definitely for high fliers.

Took it back to Sears a couple of times and they couldn't fix. It would behave for awhile, then go Full Monte again. We ended up trading it, and $90, for a new Browning A-5 12ga.

Judging from the current pc climate, it would be a criminal liability today ...

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Article says he has a pryor felony.
    A criminal doing stupid criminal stuff. How surprising.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Article says he has a pryor felony.

ContentEnragedArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif

Attachments

• ContentEnragedArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif
      ContentEnragedArgentinehornedfrog-max-1mb.gif
      377.4 KB · Views: 397

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I bought two of similar devices that were labeled 80% and legal to own unless finished from an online vendor that had sold a lot of them.............

A few months ago BATF showed up and collected them even though I can legally manufacture them as an 07/02 manufacturer. I didn't argue and gave them up. They said they had 17 more of them to collect in South Texas........

They raided the online business and got my information from their customer records because they were determined now (even though they had a previous letter from ATF saying they were not machine guns) to be machine guns even at 80% completed.

Moral of the story.....anything you buy on line can be traced back to you..........and the ATF can change their mind about what is legal and what isn't on a day to day basis................

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    Yep, your right. Subjective interpretation can change on a whim. When it’s a matter of losing legal rights or illegality, it’s a serious matter.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Even if it was legal why on earth would I want to dump 20 rounds in a second?
    Same reason some guys like to go real fast, while other collect stamps. It's about being able to. I have had several chances to shoot them and have passed. Not that I think they are stupid or wasteful, but because I playing with my own guns at the time.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Even if it was legal why on earth would I want to dump 20 rounds in a second?

A Glock 18 cyclic rate is about 1,200 rounds a minute or 20 a second. It is engineered to be controllable.

A cheap Chinese device to make an uncontrolable semi-Glock run away sounds like a suicide device.

Thank you, no.

Because it's fun to irritate Liberals.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I bought two of similar devices that were labeled 80% and legal to own unless finished from an online vendor that had sold a lot of them.............

A few months ago BATF showed up and collected them even though I can legally manufacture them as an 07/02 manufacturer. I didn't argue and gave them up. They said they had 17 more of them to collect in South Texas........

They raided the online business and got my information from their customer records because they were determined now (even though they had a previous letter from ATF saying they were not machine guns) to be machine guns even at 80% completed.

Moral of the story.....anything you buy on line can be traced back to you..........and the ATF can change their mind about what is legal and what isn't on a day to day basis................
    "..If we had 'Mann Act Police', vacationing couples would experience the kind of harassment that gun dealers and collectors have experienced. There would be marriage license checks at state borders. That's because if a bureaucrat has only one law to enforce, survival of his agency demands finding someone who may be violating it..." -Neal Knox on Sen. A. Specter's wondering whether BATF should be abolished, Am. Rifleman 3/96

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Thaskinny1
    Top Bottom