Capitol Armory ad

In yet another Dark Night related gun incident....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • austinbirdnut

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2011
    Lat 30.495992 / Lon -97.729223
    Lawyer explains why he brought gun to Batman showing - U.S. News

This one reeks of piss poor knowledge of the law by the officers....Unless he was not concealing well, this was an illegal arrest...

I love the cops quote that it was a bad choice to bring his gun, but it wasn't necessarily illegal....So, we arrested him anyway....A-Holes

"Officer David B Hartman, media liaison for New Haven police, told the New Haven Independent that it was a "bad choice" for Hwang to bring the gun to the theater but that it was not illegal itself and the reason he was charged was for being uncooperative. "

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Idk why I always feel the need to look at the comments

"I think the issue here is the guy should have used some common sense.You KNOW there is a very touchy situation with what occurred three weeks ago, and yet even though you have a permit, you bring a loaded weapon into a theater.
    "I normally do not carry, but I live in downtown New Haven and the movie was getting out at 1 a.m., so I felt that I should protect myself since I was alone,"
    You have a right, but also you have a brain. If you are worried about crime, WTF are you going to the movies for that late with a late finish time. Last time I checked here in DC, we don't go down into South East after dark...use some common sense.

He basically lost all semblance of any logical discussion about carrying when he complains about the town he lives in and needing to carry, YET goes to a movie at a late time through his own decisions in a town he says has a high crime rate. Most people wouldn't go out at that late of a time in a high crime area.
    I'm all for the 2nd amendment but he's a moron.
    The lawyer here is the dumb @$$."

This guy thinks common sense means letting the criminals win and rule the night, being afraid to go out after dark is something that shouldn't follow you after you grow out of being a little kid. I guess he also thinks that if someone works a night shift (let's say 10pm-7am like I used to) then on their days off they should either screw up their sleep cycle or just suck it up and stay in their house all night since that would be the thing to do if you had any common sense. smdh

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    keep reading it wasnt the gun he was lawful somebody spotted the weapon then he didnt comply with the officers request

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If they had a description of, I'm assuming an asian man due to the name. Then why were they "patting down" every single person?

Reasonable suspicion required in Texas to it. So if someone, say a tall male, walks into a mall. Gets reported to the police for something stupid. Every person, to include short females, in the mall are subject to pat down?

Why didn't they just standby and wait in positions until the movie let out, then detained who fit the description. If he had been there to shoot up the place. He would have done it regardless of the police. Plus it can be assumed if he knew the gig was up and the police was closing in. It's time to start blasting.

And how in the hell do the police think they can fire at the subject in a crowd of people running all over? Without hitting someone...not shooting. Would he try and hide behind a diet coke cup....or someone else to keep from getting shot?????

W THE F

these guys are a straight bunch of retards.

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Has anyone been to the movies since the Batman massacre? Just wondering cause I heard they are "beefing up security" at movie theaters (because you know...that's the only place psychos go on shooting rampages). But I was just wondering what they meant by that, and if Texas was included. I don't like going in gun free zones, and try to avoid them if possible. Every time I go to the movies I carry, as I do pretty much everywhere. So are they checking people for weapons now or what? I haven't been to the movies since before all this, I was just wondering cause I'm sure it won't be long till my wife's ready to go back

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    Me and the wife went and saw the dark knight (great movie btw) didn't notice any security, I'm not sure if the palladium imax here in San Antonio is gun free or not.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Has anyone been to the movies since the Batman massacre? Just wondering cause I heard they are "beefing up security" at movie theaters (because you know...that's the only place psychos go on shooting rampages). But I was just wondering what they meant by that, and if Texas was included. I don't like going in gun free zones, and try to avoid them if possible. Every time I go to the movies I carry, as I do pretty much everywhere. So are they checking people for weapons now or what? I haven't been to the movies since before all this, I was just wondering cause I'm sure it won't be long till my wife's ready to go back

I haven't seen anything beefed up in Round Rock. I suspect those places that are beefing up, do so out of some kind of "salesmanship".

For all those that believe, their moving targets, and the "beefed up" movie place is "safer" in some obscure way to the one's that is not.

So if the fear they shovel the public can be used to make money. And those who accept the fear are willing to pay at places that use it...

To each their own, I guess

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom