Guns International

In the theme of never finishing a project...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Ive been looking for a 15-22 MOE for a while now and my dad happened to run across one in a place called Shooters in FL. Told him to pick me one up and send it to me. When I opened the box which I thought was kinda big and heavy for one 15-22 I found these
    20130321_172457_zpsef252a62.jpg

He bought a S&W M&P 15 in 300BLK and a 15-22 performance center edition for himself too. Since hes working out of state he didnt feel like lugging them aorund for the next couple of months so he sent his too. Apparently the gun shops on the east coast have a lot more stuff. He found a bunch of ruger 10/22s over there and a 22/45 threaded pistol with the rails like Ive been looking for but since hes an out of state resident he couldnt buy it for me.

I really wanted the FDE MOE but they wanted another 100 for it so I figured Id take the black MOE stuff off this gun and use it for one of my AR builds and just buy the FDE parts to put on this one. So is the "buffer tube" on this thing commercial or milspec?

The trigger on this thing sucks too so I think Ill swap it for an ALG. Probably going to go with a tan hogue grip too. I really like the hogue on my dads PC 1522. The trigger is also much better than mine but IMO not worth the extra premium over the regular or MOE. If these things didnt have polymer upper recievers I could see the "bull" barrel possibly helping with accuracy but the flutes do look cool and I like that it comes with a thread protector. It looks like these have the dreaded long threads so Ill probably need a spacer for can use :rolleyes:

With a few tweaks this thing is going to be a lot of fun. It really fits me well(surprise its an AR) and ought to be a hoot once my sparrow is released from NFA jail in Mayish. I think Im going to go with a vortex sparc for an optic as Ive never had a red dot and since these arent known for tack-driver accuracy anyway it should be the perfect platform for close in rabbit annihilation with a red dot optic.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I put an ALG trigger in it that I had laying around and the trigger is much improved. Its no geissele but much better. I think if I swap out the springs for some low power ones itlk be perfect. I havent been able to find any mags but the one 25 rounder will do for now until things calm down. Really looking forward to getting to FDE furniture on it and the red dot.

Top Bottom