Lynx Defense

I'm all for punishing kids who deserve it, but....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Or wrapped in a blanket, waterboarded, then locked in a box, which is then shot at.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My Mother used to grab me and hold me over a lighted gas stove to punish me. Later, when I got a little bigger, she'd grab me and hold my hand over the flame. I was terrified and remember it vividly. She did it a lot but trust me.........things DID get worse!

Flash

txgunner00

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    Leander, Texas
    My Mother used to grab me and hold me over a lighted gas stove to punish me. Later, when I got a little bigger, she'd grab me and hold my hand over the flame. I was terrified and remember it vividly. She did it a lot but trust me.........things DID get worse!

Flash

DAFAQ? Your mom a mental case?

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I left home at 17 and never returned. Things got a LOT worse. When I hear about abused children who died, I always think "There at lots of things worse than dying." Sometimes, it's a blessing.

It's hard to scare a kid like that. It's all been done to him already. When I got bigger, I fought back and even took a knife to the old man.

Flash

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    While working on my computer a month ago, a shrieking cat comes flying off the 2nd floor, landing on my keyboard. I looked up to see my laughing 3yo son at the top of the stairs... I went up there, picked him up and walked over to the rail, telling him it was his turn. Well, the fear had him squirming and pleading for me to put him down. I sat him on the ground, got down face to face and asked him if he thought it was ok for me to throw him off the 2nd floor. He of course told me "no" and that he was scared and didn't want to be thrown off the stairs. He agreed that the cat probably felt just like him when he picked it up and tossed it off the stairs. He went down, told the cat he was sorry and pet him for a few minutes.

Nothing like what other parents have done, but I felt terrible afterward when I thought about the fear my son had, thinking I would really throw him off the stairs, I still do. I'm not a cat fan, and there's been a few times I've felt like doing the same thing, but the boy has to learn to be kind to all, even cats. For a 3yo, that got to him on a level that yelling and spanking wouldn't have, so after reflecting, I don't feel as bad as I did. Still, hard to think of what some parrents will do to thier kids as punishment.

All cat tossing has ceased in my house.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

Flash

I appreciate your sharing that. I was speaking from first hand experience as well. My mom was/is a tyrant. Needless to say neither I nor any of my brothers have anything at all to do with her which sucks for our kids (not being able to know their grandmother and all) but believe me it's for the best. We just learned to treat it like she's dead.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    My Dad believed in the Biblical saying, "Spare the rod and spoil the Child " and applied his belt to my butt when he thought that I needed it but I learned that if I howled loudly he would let up . My Mom had no use for spankings and used another method to punish me when she thought that I needed it. This was in "policing" the bathroom, specifically the commode. My aged Grandad lived with us and his aim while peeing in the commode was very faulty and thus the area around the commode as well as the bowl necessitated cleaning each and every day. This punishment of Mom's made me try to behave and to avoid
    the punishment ! I asked her why she didn't spank like other parents and she told me that this worked better on me than spanking. It did !

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I believe in spanking and have no problems with it. The difference in a spanking and child abuse is in what is being said while it is happening and severity. If you are calling them a worthless piece of shxt and cursing them using gutter language, THAT is child abuse! If you explain to them why they're being punished, tell them you love them and administer the spanking with a hug afterwards, I have absolutely NO problem with it.

When the child gets older, however, the spankings should stop as they can be reasoned with, then. Many parents see their control slipping with an older child so they ramp up the physical punishment. As kids get older and bigger, the spankings turn into beatings.

It all worked for me. They turned me into a tough SOB until I was willing to change what I was. If they wanted to create a brutal bastard, they sure succeeded.

Flash

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Yeah, spanking and making small kids sit in the corner, or older kids in their room with no computer/TV/phone, is discipline. Waterboarding and/or locking them in a box is child abuse.

Top Bottom