Lynx Defense

Illegal or legal confiscation of a firearm ~ need help.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frijolero817

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Worth
    That show is filmed in East Jefferson Parrish which contains the suburbs of New Orleans, such as: Metarie and Kenner. Don't forget that this was the place that disarmed its citizens illegally to "protect them" from themselves. By the way, they lost in a suit brought up by the NRA against them for the violation of the citizens' second amendment rights and have not yet returned all of those guns because the P.D. and Ray Nagin don't know where the guns are.

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78747

§95.8. Illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile
    A. It is unlawful for any person who has not attained the age of seventeen years knowingly to possess any handgun on his person. Any person possessing any handgun in violation of this Section commits the offense of illegal possession of a handgun by a juvenile.

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=78739
    95. Illegal carrying of weapons
    A. Illegal carrying of weapons is:
    (1) The intentional concealment of any firearm, or other instrumentality customarily used or intended for probable use as a dangerous weapon, on one's person; or

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=630878

http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=97460
    §1382. Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun
    A. Negligent carrying of a concealed handgun is the intentional or criminally negligent carrying by any person, whether or not authorized or licensed to carry or possess a concealed handgun, under the following circumstances:
    (1) When it is foreseeable that the handgun may discharge, or when others are placed in reasonable apprehension that the handgun may discharge.
    (2) When the handgun is being carried, brandished, or displayed under circumstances that create a reasonable apprehension on the part of members of the public or a law enforcement official that a crime is being committed or is about to be committed.
    B. It shall be within the discretion of the law enforcement officer to issue a summons to a person accused of committing this offense in lieu of making a physical arrest. The seizure of the handgun pending resolution of the offense shall only be discretionary in the instance where the law enforcement officer issues a summons to the person accused. If the law enforcement officer makes a physical arrest of the person accused, the handgun and the person's license to carry such handgun shall be seized.
    C. Whoever commits the offense of negligent carrying of a concealed handgun shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars, or imprisoned without hard labor for not more than six months, or both. The adjudicating judge may also order the forfeiture of the handgun and may suspend or revoke any permit or license authorizing the carrying of the handgun.

and for more info on laws in LA Louisiana Gun Laws

Not sure if this helps, clarifies or whatever, but that is what I found.
    Google is your friend
    I would say you could be correct except that the safety of anyone and a possible threat was not mentioned.
    The gun was confiscated and it was mentioned that because he was under 21 (over 18), and only after a search of the car in a traffic stop (dumb move to allow search ~ so stipulate).
    IMO, the officers just didn't know better ...at least I have not been able to justify the confiscation.
    If it was just for a safety precaution (real or not) then OK ... they should have said so.
    Still, IMO that was not my impression.

Thanks, btw for the genius Google tip.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Filthy post whore!

I am? LOL!
    That show is filmed in East Jefferson Parrish which contains the suburbs of New Orleans, such as: Metarie and Kenner. Don't forget that this was the place that disarmed its citizens illegally to "protect them" from themselves. By the way, they lost in a suit brought up by the NRA against them for the violation of the citizens' second amendment rights and have not yet returned all of those guns because the P.D. and Ray Nagin don't know where the guns are.
    That's what I was thinking that was my "hum" that I posted earlier. So it sounds to me like they were just doing bittiness as usual.

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    Here is the reason they grabbed it IMAO

1 - The show is on A&E
    2 - A&E is owned by the same folks as the History Channel
    3 - History Channel is owned by Hearst family, GE/NBC, and Disney
    4 - Hearst's are very Anti-Gun
    5 - GE/NBC is very Anti-gun
    6 - Disney - Anti to the point I think they invented it
    7 - Segal wants full gun control
    10 - Its New Orleans - they are only out done in corruption by D.C.

Now, I bet they took it because they could not have a 20 year old have a hand gun when they all want gun control

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    What I highlighted was about all I could fathom as reason from what I saw (watch the show also) and what I remember. I think there is far too much unkown (what the show didn't show) to come to a fair "determination" (for lack of a better word) as to the reason for the confiscation.

I agree he should have refused the search. I do not remember the initial reason for the stop either.

They did not show him being issued a citation but had mentioned there was a possibility of him being issued a summons to go to court, but never showed if he was or not issued one, only him getting Steven Seagal's auotgraph at the end of the stop. And I couldn't resist the google jab

thorkyl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Brazoria County
    So it's not illegal to have a firearm if you are under 21 in LA? I did not know that, I thought that was the age limit everywhere (18 for rifle, 21 for handgun). I'm probably wrong though, my mistake.

You nailed one of the reasons.
    Perception.
    You thought 21, they show 21, it stop people less than 21 from having them as Segal is their hero.
    see my post above

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Here is the reason they grabbed it IMAO

1 - The show is on A&E
    2 - A&E is owned by the same folks as the History Channel
    3 - History Channel is owned by Hearst family, GE/NBC, and Disney
    4 - Hearst's are very Anti-Gun
    5 - GE/NBC is very Anti-gun
    6 - Disney - Anti to the point I think they invented it
    7 - Segal wants full gun control
    10 - Its New Orleans - they are only out done in corruption by D.C.

Now, I bet they took it because they could not have a 20 year old have a hand gun when they all want gun control

OR ...the cops are just too plain stupid about the law. :banghead:

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    [Now, I bet they took it because they could not have a 20 year old have a hand gun when they all want gun control
    I bet they (A&E and/or Seagal) thought that it would make them look good that:
    1) they found a gun (and God knows guns are bad)
    2) they confiscated it (since guns are bad ~ they got another off the street)
    3) they took it from someone that is under 21 (and no adult under 21 is capable of doing anthing ~ exempt dying or defending our country)
    4) it made them look like 'good guys' because they let him go after he checked out 'clean' (after all that is what nice guys do)
    5) they thought no one will know that what they did was (IMO) not legally correct (who knows the law anyway)

Top Bottom