• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Carson City IHOP rampage brings call for change in state gun laws | Reno Gazette-Journal | rgj.comeems that his AK47 was converted to full auto.

Semi-automatic assault weapons can easily be converted into automatic weapons -- which are the same thing as machine guns -- with a simple kit available online or at gun shows, officials said.
    What happened at the IHOP "was as close to a war as most people will ever come, and they were helpless to defend against it," Haley said. "But because of our love affair with weapons, we are subjecting the public to this type of violence. If this is going to change, the public has to stand up and demand change."

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I demand change! Seriously, I gave the waitress $20 and feel I am owed some back. Hope she didn't think that all her tip.

As for other change, the only change we need is for more people to carry guns so shit like this will be deterred from happening and stopped if it does.

cfell

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Hill Country
    I demand change! Seriously, I gave the waitress $20 and feel I am owed some back. Hope she didn't think that all her tip.

As for other change, the only change we need is for more people to carry guns so shit like this will be deterred from happening and stopped if it does.

+10

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Change? Hell yeah!

We need to be able to carry bigger, better guns not this crap we have to conceal. We need for the nancies of the world to STFU and deal with it if they don't like it. We need for people to quit shirking the responsibilities and lamenting the consequences that come with freedom and living in a free society. Freedom means you have to put up with other people's BS even if you don't like it. Bunch of whiny, pillow biters.

Internet rant over, now I feel tough. Lunch break, time for a tactical sammich .... Pepperoni Tactical Sammich, [url]www.cmmginc.comCMMG Inc. AR15 Rifles, Parts and Accessories. .22 LR Dedicated AR-15 Rifles, Dedicated AR 15 9mm Rifles and Uppers, Tactical Bacon[/URL]

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    My favorite quote of the article ""I had my pistol," Local's BBQ owner Ralph Swagler told a reporter after the shooting. "But I wasn't going up against an automatic rifle."

What's the point of having a concealed weapon? You're willing to get murdered along with the others in the restaurant, so why even bother? That just amazes me.

SWJewellTN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    LaVergne,TN
    My favorite quote of the article ""I had my pistol," Local's BBQ owner Ralph Swagler told a reporter after the shooting. "But I wasn't going up against an automatic rifle."

What's the point of having a concealed weapon? You're willing to get murdered along with the others in the restaurant, so why even bother? That just amazes me.
    If you are referring to the guy from the neighboring business who had a handgun and say the guy with the AK then that's similar to taking a knife to a gunfight. I'd only do it if it was my ONLY choice. He had a choice.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Why did he only have a pistol? If I had a brick and mortar business you can be guaranteed that I'd have a carbine and a shotgun in it. Mostly to hide my new guns from the wife

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If the guy had a mental problem then i don't see how he could legaly own any gun, these idiots can't see that a criminal doesn't care if the gun he uses is legal or not. HE IS PLANNING TO BREAK THE LAW!!! Why do they think a BG is gonna stop carrying a gun cause its against the law, its probably easier to get a gun thats "hot" than a legal one. dammit now i'm all pissed off. If they don't like guns they can take their ass to Kalifornia.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

I would rather face someone with a MG than a semi rifle.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ

Take a look at the last two posts here. Still kinda chapped I ended the conversation on this one after the digging I did. Heck read the whole thread: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/.../27253-active-shooter-carson-city-ihop-2.html

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Actually, an AK can be converted to full auto with a twist tie holding the second sear back (but it takes some creative work to get around a potentially dangerous head-space issue). Several guns will go full auto if you put the firing pin in backwards. Anyone can make a lightning link for an AR. MP5s and HK91s can be converted by dropping in an FA trigger pack and doing some dremeling. Hell, you can make a shotgun out of glue, a thumb tack, a pipe cap, and 1" and 3/4" pipe.

And so what? Has anyone ever thought to ask that to a reporter after he spends hours and hours researching and writing his articles? "So what? How so? Can you prove it?" Keep asking those things and you'll see underneath their long-winded literary hand-wringing they have nothing important to say.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    You know, I had to cool off after I read this, in fact I still had to edit this post several times:
    Nevada National Guard Sgt. Caitlin Kelley, one of the victims in the IHOP attack, responded to the shooting by calling for a ban on assault weapons, which can be purchased without a background check at many gun shows or through private sellers."I can't imagine why we are even selling assault weapons to civilians," said Kelley, who was shot in the foot and still uses a wheelchair. "There's no reason for an AK-47 or an M-16 or an M-4 to be in a civilian's home."
    Washoe County Sheriff Mike Haley agreed, saying: "I don't see any logic to having assault weapons available to the public."

Its one thing when a reporter or John Q Public spouts off this bullshit, but it really pisses me off when people who use guns as part of their purpose in life paint law abiding citizens with the same brush as criminals and piss on our Constitution.

I guess if I were a NATIONAL GUARD MEMBER who was didn't believe in our Constitution, I'd be worried about citizens having decent weapons too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ you hypocrite.

Edit: Any bets as to whether or not Kelly and Haley are Oathkeepers?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    You know, I had to cool off after I read this, in fact I still had to edit this post several times:

Its one thing when a reporter or John Q Public spouts off this bullshit, but it really pisses me off when people who use guns as part of their purpose in life paint law abiding citizens with the same brush as criminals and piss on our Constitution.

I guess if I were a NATIONAL GUARD MEMBER who was didn't believe in our Constitution, I'd be worried about citizens having decent weapons too.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ you hypocrite.

Edit: Any bets as to whether or not Kelly and Haley are Oathkeepers?

Every person who swears an oath to the Constitution is by definition either a an "oath keeper" or a liar. If you're going to take an oath to the Constitution you better understand what the hell is in it. Constitution <> your opinion <> orders <> illegal legislation.

I don't advocate violence against violators, but I do advocate criminal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. Those individuals who confiscated guns during Katrina should be sitting in prison right now.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Every person who swears an oath to the Constitution is by definition either a an "oath keeper" or a liar. If you're going to take an oath to the Constitution you better understand what the hell is in it.

Amen! Preach the good word!

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I've been in the military for 8 and a half years and I can tell you straight up that there are LOTS of people in the military that have no idea what they took an oath to defend. I had a guy straight up tell me he would take everyone's guns away, that there was nothing in the home that couldn't be handled with a baseball bat. I asked him is he even knew what the Constitution was.

Myself I'd go UA before I ever picked up arms to disarm my fellow citizens of this country. But I know lots of guys who probably wouldn't have a problem with it.

IMO we as a country will eventually collapse or turn into a true police state. Not sure if it will happen in my lifetime but you never know.

Top Bottom