Venture Surplus ad

If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    If They Come for Your Guns, Do You Have a Responsibility to Fight? | The D.C. Clothesline

I just wrote what every believer in the constitution wants to say, and what every constitutional blogger needs to write. The truth of the matter is that this type of speech is viewed as dangerous and radical or subversive, and it could gain me a world of trouble that I do not want. It is also the truth. To make myself clear I will tell you again. If they come for your guns it is your right to use those guns against them and to kill them. You are protected by our constitution.
    Gun Zone Deals

CanTex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Pflugerville
    A bigger issue would be that one may say yes I will fight. But many others would say it is not worth it. Remember the winner always writes the history. What would happen should you be the one, shots go wild and your neighbors are now fatalities. All your shots were on target but who will be crucified in the public eye. A recent shooting up north and Police shot and kill a gunman as well as hitting many innocent bystanders. What public outcry did that result in? It is a sad but true thing. I believe that I would do everything in my power to ensure I was not one of the ones visited should this come to pass. Should I fail in that, I would not offer any ammunition to the authorities and I realize that this would be a disservice to my brothers and sisters who would prefer I fought. The risk, would far outweigh the benefit. It would be far better in my opinion to be able to fight them in public, in the press, or in courts vice going out in a blaze of glory. Just my opinion.

JColumbus

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Greaaaaat article. I think I have made my stance on this well known, throughout different posts on this forum. @CanTex, perhaps you should surrender your 2A honorably, by giving someone who will fight for their rights your guns, instead of piggybacking off of those of us who know what it means to own guns, unlike owning them only while you're "allowed to". I don't give a damn what kind of monster they make me out to be in the media and I don't give a damn if it triggers an outcry or not. It's about your personal rights and fighting for them, not a popularity contest or a mission to spark a revolution. Every man willing to surrender his rights is helping to weaken our fight, helping the other side win and as far as I am concerned is just as bad as the gun grabber himself. Every person willing to give up their rights is helping to make my children slaves and for that, I take it personally. Go give your firearms to a patriot, you have already surrendered your rights by stating that you will surrender your rights.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm an old man who has his fighting days behind him. Realistically, I'm just waiting to die. I have nothing to lose and don't give a shxt anymore. Do you really think that a guy like me would open his door to allow some government prixks to take what's mine? Think about that.

Flash

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I'm an old man who has his fighting days behind him. Realistically, I'm just waiting to die. I have nothing to lose and don't give a shxt anymore. Do you really think that a guy like me would open his door to allow some government prixks to take what's mine? Think about that.

Flash

Don't give us that shit. If your city mayor. Was a Commie soldier in foreign military dress , driving around in a escalade.

You'd find better uses of your time then just waiting for them to knock on the door.

Slap a flea-market shirt on your ass, big run down walker. And bet you could sit three tables from any loud mouth soldier in a diner, and report every word you heard.

Last edited:

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    from the USCIS. This is the oath I took when I became a US citizen in 2006. I then precieded to vote against Obama in the two presidential elections since then. So, yeah, I take it seriously.

Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America

Oath

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    GrasshpperGlock.......I think we had a breakdown in communication so I'll spell it out for you. A man who has nothing to lose and doesn't give a rip makes a very unpleasant enemy. The fear isn't there and I just don't give a F. The knock comes at the door and the blue meanies come to search my house. Sure! Come on in, guys! (YOUR ASS............!) Figure it out. I'm not going to say it.

Flash

Last edited:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    GrasshpperGlock.......I think we had a breakdown in communication so I'll spell it out for you. A man who has nothing to lose and doesn't give a rip makes a very unpleasant enemy. The fear isn't there and I just don't give a F. The knock comes at the door and the blue meanies come to search my house. Sure! Come on in, guys! (YOUR ASS............!) Figure it out. I'm not going to say it.

Flash
    i was gittin ready to say your ass is grumpy but i know in my heart you just aint a sittin round
    Waitin for the lights to go out!!!! Not without a fight

Whiskey_Rocka_Rolla

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Houston
    Luckily we live in Texas. I believe if gun confiscation happened in the USA, we'd know about it well in advance (cause states like NY, IL, and CA would get hit first), and would be able to make plans to retain our property, without much hell breaking loose. But then again, you never know. You never know how you're neighbor will react, or their neighbor, or the whole damn city for that matter. Kinda hard to plan for something like that, and it's a damn shame we even have to think about it. If I lived in one of those states mentioned above, I honestly can't tell you what I'd be doing right now. If I had the opportunity to get as far away from any major city as possible, I'd probably be sitting in the woods with a 30.06 in my lap, and a damn arsenal of guns and ammo not far away.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In fact, I have been training my Toy Fox Terrier, Jake to be a watch dog and he's absolutely fantastic! He gives alerts based upon how far away an intruder is and if he knows them. He gives a little, muffled "woof", a growl or a full fledged barking marathon depending on distance or who is outside.

He alerts (growl) at an intruder at the street and raises Hell if someone is near the house. He knows the UPS driver (Bill) and the neighbors. I don't know how the little guy does it but he's very accurate. If he barks, I'm armed! The training has been about elimination of false alerts. The boy doesn't bark without a valid reason.

There won't be anyone sneaking up on my door and I won't be friendly if they try it.

I'd probably be sitting in the woods with a 30.06 in my lap, and a damn arsenal of guns and ammo not far away.

That brought a smile to my face! I'm a 200 and 600 yard High Power Rifle match shooter. I can give an oppressor gifts from very long distances......snicker.

Flash

Last edited:

benz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I'd love nothing more than to have a deFNder medium or two, for such an occasion.

I admittedly don't share many of the same values as republicans, but I wholeheartedly agree with preserving liberties, including the right to bear arms. I don't favor gun grabs at all. authorities are already out of control. it will become a total police state, no matter who's in office, particularly if the economy collapses. It's obvious the Obama camp is aiming for a gun grab of high-capacity weapons, perhaps because the populace has no chance with bolt-action rifles against national guard with M4s. I'm not convinced it's to prevent more mass killings of children, given that "Fast and Furious" occurred during his watch.

Last edited:

atticus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    West Texas
    I'm not thinking they will just come and knock. Nope, I think first they will criminalize the possession of things like magazines and ammunition, and then semi-auto rifles and handguns, and that way they will make you a felon if you don't hand that stuff in. They will get a bunch of compliance out of some folks' fear of becoming a felon. Then they will have neighbors turning in neighbors who still possess guns, then they will do some selective enforcement with SWAT teams, with lots of publicity on the 6 o'clock news, to scare the rest into compliance. In the process they will be refining their lists, and arresting people away from home. I think frontal attacks on peoples' homes will come later rather than sooner. But once the goal of confiscation becomes an open goal, who knows how they will proceed.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom