Votes: 36 57.1%

• Total voters

Stumpy

Landman/Presbyterian
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Slaton, TX
    if I can find a holster that doesnt cost an arm and a leg, Rossi Ranch Hand(once i get one)!!!!!

OC, of course.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    No widespread public support. Folks here need to realize that even among gun owners this is not much of an issue. Republicans in Austin would sell it down the river for something more important to them.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I think it will pass. 42 states already have it. That is reason enough.

I do not believe that 42 states have the general open carry of handguns without BS restrictions. California, for example, allows open carry OF AN UNLOADED HANDGUN

So if we use loose standards, Texas already has open carry too. Problem solved.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It won't pass because people are so stuffed up with CHL stuff. "But there's no training!" Yeah, there ain't for a CHL, either. That class is a joke.

Simple jealousy and misinformed people are going to wreck this one.

Actually its not a reason at all. As to your question...never. Displaying your firearm is extremly unwise.
    And I agree with TXI....it will be a long time before it passes here.

Why not display it? I'd open carry in a minute. I've yet to hear of an open carrier being targeted because they had a gun on their hip.

It ain't the gun on your hip that draws a target on your back. It's the blue shirt and badge, man.

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I really hope OC, CC and all the various things get passed removing the restirctions on our 2nd amendment rights. However, even under those circumstances I wouldnt open carry. Goes against my general philosophy of being invisible. If it did pass and it became a common everyday thing to see people strolling through Target, WalMart and BestBuy with a pistol on their hip maybe. But if OC passes next year it will cause quite a stir. The first people walking around with their hoglegs on will attract attention. Some might even be confronted by 'concerned' citizens. I don't like anybody enough to want to have a chat with them while I'm trying to pickup a chunky and beaver hunt at the 7-11. So the FNP stays discretely hidden out of sight.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I would carry in a way that would keep my gun concealed about 70% of the time. It sometimes will however print very hard, and if I reach for something it will show. About like I do when I hunt. I throw my shirt over it because I dont tuck it in. I will make no further effort to hide it.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I would carry in a more comfortable, yet still mostly concealed position.

1) To avoid the hassle.
    2) To maintain some degree of surprise.

+1

Completely concealing a handgun is very uncomfortable for me, and I refuse to wear baggy thug clothes. If OC passes I would quasi-conceal.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Thank yall for coming up with that. I was thinking the same thing, I have been trying to think of how to put it without getting the... thats already legal crap.

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    even if it does pass very few will open carry there are some times and places i would and i wouldn't be worried that i had a target on my back been there done that, the felons are not going to open carry as they know it would only be a matter of time before they were had, and as for needing a chl before you open carry well thats just a load of crap, as well just another reason to screw with non criminal law abiding citizens i think it should be avalible to law abiding citizens to make their own choice to be armed as they see fit.

Top Bottom