• ...and so much more!
  • leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    >

I urge those not specifically educated in Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology to stop speculating on this, and to stop trying to “investigate” via review of internet posts.

The information available, even via professional publications, is too riddled with errors, propaganda, and poorly founded opinions.

Even the Medical Scientists in major universities can’t come to reasonable consensus.

For me, and my Family, my current position is this: Continue previously “safe” vaccines like those routinely given to children, flu shots, tetanus shots, etc. as directed by your Physicians. Refuse all further “COVID” shots, especially for healthy young & children.

Further, I’d say to quit jobs or schools if they try to force healthy children & young adults to take any COVID shots, at least until the situation has major clarification.

The evidence on benefits of maintenance Zinc & Vitamin “D” complex is still mixed.

Taking large doses of other vitamins for “resistance” is futile.

leVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Too many other benefits to the practice to discount it. Strengthening one's immune system and general health has its own rewards....
    I am told by colleagues in that field that all claims re that have been disproven. There is little harm to taking the water-soluble ones in quantity, but one can be poisoned & made ill by taking too much of the oil-soluble ones, especially E & A. Vitamin “C”, ascorbic acid, has been subject to numerous scientific tests, and was found good only for preventing/treating a deficiency (“scurvy”) and/or acidifying one’s urine.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Too many other benefits to the practice to discount it. Strengthening one's immune system and general health has its own rewards....
    Years ago (I believe 90's) I had been taking quite a few vitamins daily, because it was and still is pushed regularly in media. I can't remember what it was I had gone to the doctor for, but he did bloodwork. When I went back for a follow up he asked me about my eating habits, then asked if I had been taking vitamins. He told me to quit it. While an occasional vitamin wouldn't harm, what I had been taking was. I certainly didn't believe I was taking a lot, but it appears it can have ill effects if you take too much.

Vitamins from food are more readily absorbed than pills, and your body only can take so much. Talk to a doctor on what to take and how often for your immune system.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Of course.

Guess who thought-up the idea of “One-A-Day” ?

A Vitamin SALESMAN !

Vitamins are useful to prevent a deficiency or to treat one.

Taking more vitamins than needed is just silly.

leVieux

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    I’ve noticed folks standing at bus stops have pretty good odds that they are masked up.I’d give them a solid 25-30% of having a mask covering their face, and another 10% have the mask on but pulled down under the chin. Perfect citizens like the govt wants. Obedient, untrained in critical thinking and on public transportation. Not neccessarily knocking people who use public transport by choice, but it’s the goal of big brother to have everyone in urban living, stacked on top of each other and dependent on the govt to provide for our needs. Some are much closer than others are to realizing that outcome

TxPython357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Spuger, TX
    I’ve noticed folks standing at bus stops have pretty good odds that they are masked up.I’d give them a solid 25-30% of having a mask covering their face, and another 10% have the mask on but pulled down under the chin. Perfect citizens like the govt wants. Obedient, untrained in critical thinking and on public transportation. Not neccessarily knocking people who use public transport by choice, but it’s the goal of big brother to have everyone in urban living, stacked on top of each other and dependent on the govt to provide for our needs. Some are much closer than others are to realizing that outcome
    Big Brother is very much alive and well.

Top Bottom