• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Well Kids, I just got back from MOSC and the young lady behind the counter told me they are no longer holding the matches there? Then she politely offered me "Shorty's" phone number, so I told her don't worry about it. So I guess I'll have to try Shiloh next time. That really blows `cause it's alot closer to me than Shiloh.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Well Kids, I just got back from MOSC and the young lady behind the counter told me they are no longer holding the matches there? Then she politely offered me "Shorty's" phone number, so I told her don't worry about it. So I guess I'll have to try Shiloh next time. That really blows `cause it's alot closer to me than Shiloh.

That sucks! It was only like last month that I went down to MOSC and they were still having matches...

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Sorry Bro.,that's what the little lady said. She kinda took me off guard, `cause for a second or two I was thinking.." wait......am I in the wrong joint?.........did I tell her IDPA?......is IDPA even correct...or is she thinking that this putz in front of me is babbling on and I can't make out what he's talking about!.". The last time I was at Top Gun I used a B-27 target. On the right side(shooters right) there is a list of CHL Proficiency Skills, does anyone if those are standard or just Top Guns?

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Sorry Bro.,that's what the little lady said. She kinda took me off guard, `cause for a second or two I was thinking.." wait......am I in the wrong joint?.........did I tell her IDPA?......is IDPA even correct...or is she thinking that this putz in front of me is babbling on and I can't make out what he's talking about!.". The last time I was at Top Gun I used a B-27 target. On the right side(shooters right) there is a list of CHL Proficiency Skills, does anyone if those are standard or just Top Guns?

Wait, I'm confused. Are you sure you went to the right range also? :D
    You started talking about IDPA and some lady behind the counter and I don't remember ever seeing a lady behind the counter at MOSC. "Shorty" was one of the IDPA instructors, so it sounds like the right place. But then you started talking about TOP GUN which is a totally different range from MOSC. I'm confused now... lol

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Oh no, Sorry if I was bouncing around with my sentence structure. I pulled into the parking lot at MOSC,parked on the left side about a space or two from the front door, walking in ten feet or so there is a counter and display case to your right...to your left and up a quarter flight of stairs and through the door was the range lanes. The register at the edge of the counter,closest to the stairs,was where the lady was standing. Kinda tall,brunette,wearing a 360 shirt........that would be the perp.. [now about top gun] The day after I bought my Super,I went to Top Gun to run a few rounds through it. Top Gun is very close for me, and I was really disappointed because the range and store is nice but the atmosphere..............well............let's just say I didn't pick up "good vibes",it just felt kinda uncomfortable. That and a box of 130gr. cost me $30 + $20 for range time,on a Friday afternoon, at about 2:30pm.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    Yea, just got back from completing my CHL course at MOSC and confirmed that they don't hold IDPA anymore also. The previous group moved out to Impact Zone out west, but MOSC are in the process of acquiring another IDPA group for the facility.

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    So how was it? What was the shooting portion of the exam? I'm curious as to how it matches up to my targets.

Was easy and the CHL intructor was real good. Wasn't as boring as I expected as the way our instructor taught, it kept you thinking about different scenarios that could happen and referring back to the penal codes on what referrs to what, what you can and cannot do, etc...

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Was easy and the CHL intructor was real good. Wasn't as boring as I expected as the way our instructor taught, it kept you thinking about different scenarios that could happen and referring back to the penal codes on what referrs to what, what you can and cannot do, etc...

How was the practical.

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    The shooting portion of the test. There's a written and a practical, you know........the part with the loud noises,the bullets flying down range, and your wife's target looks better than yours (just a joke,but women do have the ability to be more accurate than men)??

Porter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    The shooting portion of the test. There's a written and a practical, you know........the part with the loud noises,the bullets flying down range, and your wife's target looks better than yours (just a joke,but women do have the ability to be more accurate than men)??

The funny part is that his fiance actually did outshoot him...

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    The funny part is that his fiance actually did outshoot him...

Yea, I won't lie. lol. She shot a 244 and I got a 239. The shooting test made me realized that I didn't like the double action trigger pull on the Sig's anymore. Every first pull of the trigger on every session had to be in the decocked position and that totally screwed me over... lol :D Yea, my woman's hot and can shoot...

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Sweet, Thanx Cyfer. Are all B-27's the same size regardless of color???`Cause the only one's I've used are on a white background with a red silhouette.

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    From the web site you gave me,it seems like they are all pretty much the same dimensions/proportions.So there shouldn't be any real discernible difference. Thanx again.

DarkRook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    East Houston Area
    Nevermind, I read further down, and I take it a gun range. I think...

Ok what does MOSC stand for? I'm sure its none of them below, I think...
    :confused:
    AcronymDefinitionMOSCMalankara Orthodox Syrian Church (Raleigh, North Carolina)MOSCManpower Optimization Steering CommitteeMOSCMaritime Operational Support Capability (Australian DoD)MOSCMassive Offshore Surf ZoneMOSCMaximum-Output Selection CombiningMOSCMayor's Office for Senior Citizens (Seattle, Washington)MOSCMedical Office Service CoordinatorMOSCMetal-Oxide Semiconductor CapacitorMOSCMilitary Occupational Specialty CodeMOSCMilitia Officer Staff Course (Canadian Army)MOSCMint on Sealed Card (collecting)MOSCMisr Oils and Soap (stock symbol)MOSCModified Original SmartCard

Cody302

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2008
    Houston
    Nevermind, I read further down, and I take it a gun range. I think...

Ok what does MOSC stand for? I'm sure its none of them below, I think...
    :confused:
    AcronymDefinitionMOSCMalankara Orthodox Syrian Church (Raleigh, North Carolina)MOSCManpower Optimization Steering CommitteeMOSCMaritime Operational Support Capability (Australian DoD)MOSCMassive Offshore Surf ZoneMOSCMaximum-Output Selection CombiningMOSCMayor's Office for Senior Citizens (Seattle, Washington)MOSCMedical Office Service CoordinatorMOSCMetal-Oxide Semiconductor CapacitorMOSCMilitary Occupational Specialty CodeMOSCMilitia Officer Staff Course (Canadian Army)MOSCMint on Sealed Card (collecting)MOSCMisr Oils and Soap (stock symbol)MOSCModified Original SmartCard

Too much time on your hands,my man. Tooooooo much time;)

Top Bottom