• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    Had my first IDPA shoot with the good folks at Shiloh. Even though it was a bit crowded, It was lots of fun. It's nice being around a group of guys that are better than me and since I didn't shoot myself in the foot, I guess they're gonna let me come back.

The only problem is that no one else was shooting a Beretta. I guess I'm just going to have to do some evangelizing on that one.

See you guys next week!!
    Guns International

jasont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Houston
    I shot a Beretta in IDPA and USPSA up until a few months ago when it broke. I only ran into a few others shooting Beretta's over the years. It worked great for me, only part I didn't like was I couldn't find a set of front and rear sights for it I really liked. There aren't as many aftermarket parts for the Beretta as there are for other guns.

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston
    Well, I'm gonna try it again on Thursday and this time I'm bringing a good friend that can outshoot me with his eyes closed and my 17 year old daughter who will soon be outshooting me as well.

Load em up!!

:patriot::patriot:

likesa9mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2010
    Houston
    Hey y'all...don't mean to hijack the thread...but I'd like to get involved with the idpa, and Shiloh is one of the closest ranges for me.
    My question is this...my only semi-auto is a glock 26...short mag here...will idpa allow me to put a longer mag in, to participate in matches?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Hey y'all...don't mean to hijack the thread...but I'd like to get involved with the idpa, and Shiloh is one of the closest ranges for me.
    My question is this...my only semi-auto is a glock 26...short mag here...will idpa allow me to put a longer mag in, to participate in matches?

Yes but you will only get to Load 10 rounds. They limit the number of rounds to 10 so they're is more practicing reloading and so that the comp. is fair in the class no matter what gun is used. Sometimes there are even more limits than that to mimic jams etc.

Go, have fun. Stock mags are fine for the G26. Bring at least 2 or better 3.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

TdDude

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Houston

One of my pistols has the short handle as well but I learned years ago that having the full size mag sticking out the bottom doesn't affect my shooting at all. I used to use mag extensions but I kept getting some incredibly painful blood blisters from "Mag-bite" so I quit using them. I get mag-bite from doing quick changes with short mags but it's not as bad so I carry with the short one loaded up but the pouch is populated with full size.

See you thursday.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom