Gun Zone Deals

I want to build a firearms drawer for my SUV.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    I looked them up and they run between $600-1400 depending on the size you get. I have an xterra now and plan on trading for a suburban later so I really didnt want to lock into a size.

So I decided to build one out of wood and herculine it.

I want it to be about 8-12 inches tall and cover the majority of the cargo floor in my Xterra. Considering that I can just stack stuff on top of it, it really wont affect cargo room much. It will have a compartment for the 18.5" benelli that is always in my truck anyway. A compartment for my black rifle. A compartment for for a few extra boxes of ammo. A compartment for a fully loaded out tactical vest complete with 12 loaded AR magazines, 3 loaded handgun magazines, a leatherman, quality micro binoculars, a streamlight poly tac, and a ESEE-5 knife.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this thing great?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    LOL I've thought of the same thing recently. Maybe I've been watching too much 24, but I thought it would be kind of nice to have a setup like that. The best idea I came up with is to somehow integrate the box with the rest of the trunk interior in such a manner that no one would have a clue, and even if someone broke in they still wouldn't find anything. Think secure, discreet, but readily accessible. So far I am in the procrastination stage. ;)

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I have a suburban Im jacking up and putting a cummins in it. It'll be my hunting truck. I was thinking about the same thing. something kinda like a truck safe but Im going to build on that the guns stand up in. Wouldnt take up too much room then.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I looked them up and they run between $600-1400 depending on the size you get. I have an xterra now and plan on trading for a suburban later so I really didnt want to lock into a size.

So I decided to build one out of wood and herculine it.

I want it to be about 8-12 inches tall and cover the majority of the cargo floor in my Xterra. Considering that I can just stack stuff on top of it, it really wont affect cargo room much. It will have a compartment for the 18.5" benelli that is always in my truck anyway. A compartment for my black rifle. A compartment for for a few extra boxes of ammo. A compartment for a fully loaded out tactical vest complete with 12 loaded AR magazines, 3 loaded handgun magazines, a leatherman, quality micro binoculars, a streamlight poly tac, and a ESEE-5 knife.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make this thing great?
    I would be hesitant to leave all that hardware on my vehicle regardless of how well its hidden. If they take your whole truck you are screwed, and would most likely have a very difficult time to get your insurance company to pay you for all that.

If car theft were not such an issue in Texas, I would say it sounds awesome.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Yeah it scares me a bit. Before I leave anything in my truck besides the nova, I will get a top notch security alarm that will draw attention to the person that broke in. One that will send an alert to my phone. I will also equip the windows with anti-smash darkest legal 3m window tint all around. I'm even thinking about lojack. The box will have padlocks on it to slow them down and hopefully I recover the vehicle before they pry it open.

Top Bottom