• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LabRat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    DFW
    Here's what I found. EVs are gonna cost you.

3. Electric Vehicles​

Fully electric cars and trucks, with a gross vehicle weight of 10,000 lbs. or less, will be assessed an annual $200 fee at the time of registration renewal starting September 1, 2023. In addition, new electric vehicles issued two years of registration to match a two-year inspection will be assessed a $400 fee. All standard vehicle registration and related fees still apply.

The Electric Vehicle (EV) fee will not apply to hybrids or vehicles with combination fuel types or motorcycles, mopeds, autocycles, and neighborhood electric vehicles. Additionally, governmental vehicles with exempt registration and other vehicles for which no registration fee is due, including those with Disabled Veteran and other meritorious military license plates, will not be assessed the fee.

Reference: https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/new-to-texas

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That ain't near enough.
    I'm sure they are boinking people left & right over the whole deal. Where & when I lived in Illinois vehicles had to have a City Sticker( More taxation without representation) hard telling what those cost. I figure they are still taxing charging station be they at home or around the state. Think about the up charges on a regular vehicle battery when replaced, you know that's got to be really stupidly high for an EV battery.

Top Bottom