Venture Surplus ad

I swore I'd never buy another diesel ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To All,

IF/WHEN I find/buy another one owner/low mileage "old school" F-250 with the IDI INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 6.9 & the 5-Speed MANUAL, I'll be pleased clear down to the ground.
    (IF/WHEN I do find/buy another IDI, nobody should expect to buy it as long as I'm breathing.)

As my friends here know, I lost my treasured 1987 (cab & a half) F-250 with ZF transmission to a !@#$%^! DRUNK DRIVER, who utterly DESTROYED it, while it was parked in front of my cottage 2 Summers ago.
    ("BIG UGLY TOO", as my lady called it, had <78,000 one-owner miles on it & it ran BEAUTIFULLY.)

OTOH, "she who must be obeyed" said that it, "rode like a log-wagon" & was "pretty ugly", too.
    (She had to admit that "It would pull anything not welded down." = I pulled a 42-foot OWENS cabin cruiser for a friend about 4-5 days after we bought it. - "Didn't miss a lick" either.)

yours, satx
    Capitol Armory ad

4kids2dogs&RV

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2020
    NE San Antonio
    Invested in an Oil Bypass on my 2011 Cummins little over 3 years ago. I've only changed the oil once since then in nearly 40k miles.
    I change the full flow filter every 7500 miles and do oil analysis through Blackstone Labs.
    Also do my fuel filters every 15k.
    I didn't buy a diesel expecting to save money on cost per mile, but I'll be damned if I'm not going take care of my investment.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    But I'm about to pull the trigger on a 200K mile 04 Duramax LLY.
    2WD - extended cab - 8' box

I know the owner and recall when he bought it.
    Never been tuned or hot rodded.
    100% bone stock.

The truck has lead a sheltered life ... Maybe 10K towing a 5th wheel, boat and race car.
    Rest of the time has been a commuter truck.
    Been mostly idle for the last 3 or 4 years.

Terms are great ... come get it, drive it for a few months and try and sell my current truck.
    The 04 is after they fixed the initial overheat problem, and before the “permanent” EGR was added, so you’re pretty much in the sweet spot. That is my 2nd favorite Dirtymax engine. It’s also the cheapest to upgrade and improve performance.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    To All,

IF/WHEN I find/buy another one owner/low mileage "old school" F-250 with the IDI INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER 6.9 & the 5-Speed MANUAL, I'll be pleased clear down to the ground.
    (IF/WHEN I do find/buy another IDI, nobody should expect to buy it as long as I'm breathing.)

As my friends here know, I lost my treasured 1987 (cab & a half) F-250 with ZF transmission to a !@#$%^! DRUNK DRIVER, who utterly DESTROYED it, while it was parked in front of my cottage 2 Summers ago.
    ("BIG UGLY TOO", as my lady called it, had <78,000 one-owner miles on it & it ran BEAUTIFULLY.)

OTOH, "she who must be obeyed" said that it, "rode like a log-wagon" & was "pretty ugly", too.
    (She had to admit that "It would pull anything not welded down." = I pulled a 42-foot OWENS cabin cruiser for a friend about 4-5 days after we bought it. - "Didn't miss a lick" either.)

yours, satx
    Are you Q-Anon? Your posts read like it...

Check this out.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    The 04 is after they fixed the initial overheat problem, and before the “permanent” EGR was added, so you’re pretty much in the sweet spot. That is my 2nd favorite Dirtymax engine. It’s also the cheapest to upgrade and improve performance.

The “sweet spot” is the last gen 7.3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I keep getting lawyer letters that want me to sign up with them on the Ford diesel lawsuits. Anyone into knowledge about this? Lawyers want 40% of the take at the cost of mailing me a letter. Oh, I hear an ambulance coming with a lawyer chasing it. Haven't signed anything. Don't have mesothelioma and not involved with Boy Scouts. Did I miss anything?

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I keep getting lawyer letters that want me to sign up with them on the Ford diesel lawsuits. Anyone into knowledge about this? Lawyers want 40% of the take at the cost of mailing me a letter. Oh, I hear an ambulance coming with a lawyer chasing it. Haven't signed anything. Don't have mesothelioma and not involved with Boy Scouts. Did I miss anything?

rotor,

SO FAR that's ONE piece of worthless junk mail that I'm NOT receiving. = I must be ON 1/2 the junk mail lists in the USA.
    (I average throwing out about 6-8 pieces per day & UNOPENED.)

Last Friday I got over 25 pieces of junk mail & 25 were "consigned to the round file", UNOPENED.

yours, satx

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Quit paying 6.0 hacks to work on your truck and it’s a lot cheaper. Bring it to me next time you need work done.
    One day I'll have a shop and do it all myself, but working under a shade tree in the middle of summer is not something I am into anymore. Little stuff like oil changes etc... no problem. Removing a cab is a no go.

MacZC7

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2020
    Texas
    One day I'll have a shop and do it all myself, but working under a shade tree in the middle of summer is not something I am into anymore. Little stuff like oil changes etc... no problem. Removing a cab is a no go.
    I hear you. A cab removal isn’t the only way. I pulled the engine out the front.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    This is common sense that isn't very common these days.

While I love my diesels I didn't own one when I didn't need one.
    Big tumbs up to that comment. I 'had' a '14 250 SuperDuty. At that time I was pulling my construction trailer from East Texas to West of Houston. Now - not so much. Got completely fed up with Ford's inability to determine the level in a 5 gallon DEF tank. Tired of being told "Speed will be limited to 55 mph in 50 miles", "We're gonna reduce engine to idle speed only" when there was 1/2 a tank or better. So, gotta F150 3.5 EcoBoost and installed a self-leveling airbag system on it to handle the 830# tongue weight of the construction trailer and been good ever since. Get to laugh now when I see 50 cent premium upcost for diesel fuel.

Top Bottom