• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwoOneOh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I'm a Surefire guy. Many of them provided through my work, so I'm not feeling the price pinch too much.

I've only had one Surefire die on me. It was a weaponlight that was about 5 years old... I called Surefire and they asked me if I tried changing the batteries and the lamp. Then they told me to send it in. About two weeks later I got the same body back with a new lamp, head, batteries, and tailcap. No charge.

How is Fenix's warranty?

I just skimmed Fenix's website. Do they have a presence here in the US? The only phone numbers I saw were for China. I'm not hating, just curious...

-Randy

They have a limited presence, from what i understand they don't have any corporate brick and mortar locations in the states just authorized retailers and dealers.
    Guns International

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    I'm a Surefire guy. Many of them provided through my work, so I'm not feeling the price pinch too much.

I've only had one Surefire die on me. It was a weaponlight that was about 5 years old... I called Surefire and they asked me if I tried changing the batteries and the lamp. Then they told me to send it in. About two weeks later I got the same body back with a new lamp, head, batteries, and tailcap. No charge.

How is Fenix's warranty?

I just skimmed Fenix's website. Do they have a presence here in the US? The only phone numbers I saw were for China. I'm not hating, just curious...

-Randy

Fair enough, perhaps the Chinese vs. USA construction explains the massive price difference. Not sure about their warranty, I've never had to get any warranty work. If I ever do, I'll make sure I update this thread. Honestly, Surefire was not the best in honoring any kind of "warranty" per se. I saw a few of those claims when my dad was a surefire dealer, and on at least 2 occasions I can think of Surefire refused to correct a problem claiming it was the users fault. So, take that for whatever it is worth.

Tejano Scott

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    The Woodlands
    How is Fenix's warranty?

-Randy

Not sure about their warranty, I've never had to get any warranty work. If I ever do, I'll make sure I update this thread. Honestly, Surefire was not the best in honoring any kind of "warranty" per se. I saw a few of those claims when my dad was a surefire dealer, and on at least 2 occasions I can think of Surefire refused to correct a problem claiming it was the users fault. So, take that for whatever it is worth.

Well, I had my first problem with 1(of 12) Fenix lights I own. My Fenix PD-20R5 (approx 6 months old and my EDC) began having issues turning on very similair to what Bithabus described in another thread. Fortunately its the cheapest of all my Fenix lights, but it got me thinking about this thread. So I decided to contact the retailer I purchased the light from by email. I sent the email at 6am CST. Less than 2 hours later, here is was the response. I will make sure to update more-

Dear Scott,
    I'm sorry to hear your light is not working properly. We would be
    happy to take this back for repair under warranty. You may return this
    to our address:
    4Sevens,LLC
    Attn: RMA Dept
    5117 South Royal Atlanta Dr
    Tucker, GA 30084
    Please write the RMA# [NOT TELLING] on the outside of the package
    and include only the flashlight, without its box or accessories. The
    RMA will expire in 14 days so please send it to us as soon as
    possible. When shipping, ensure that the light is in a secure package
    that will not rip or smash, allowing the loss or damage of the
    flashlight.
    Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.

Regards,
    Jennifer Cojoc
    4Sevens.com

texasmc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Austin
    To the OP:

Some things to consider would be:
    - Budget?
    - Number of lights? Especially in situations like blackout, usually you're not the only one around, and you're also almost guaranteed no one else is going to have a flashlight =) Which is why I carry my main EDC, and usually 2 spares, on my keychain. I have a few in my car as well.
    - Carry method? Like, in the pocket, in a holster...
    - Twisty or clicky? This matters more than you might imagine, for quick deployment in emergencies. For this one you might need to just buy, then sell what you don't want, or borrow.
    - Battery type. Because you'll be refilling it, as well as buying spares (kind of like buying ammo, heh). So might want to standardize on a size and type (primaries? rechargeables?).

That said, I think everyone should have a 2D Magled in their car/truck. The bang for the buck is amazing.

If you are serious about getting a SureFire, post back here and I can give you some opinions on those. They have a huge range, but each one is not what its cracked up to be depending on your use scenario.

But I think it's great you want to get a light and be prepared!

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Someone mention flashlights?
    thicon_lol.gif
    thicon_lol.gif

all-lights1.gif

I have a Jetbeam that is NOT in that photo I took about a month ago.

My favorite brand of lights is Eagletac. I have several of them. The newest T20C2 MK II (mentioned above by someone else) is now about 2x as bright. That is my everyday carry light. I have been carying it for about a year. Still works great.

I also like that they are upgradable as new LED technology comes out - and no need to buy another new light.

I won't pay the price that Surefire charges, especially when they don't use the latest LED technology. They are 2-3x the price, with less than 1/2 the lumen output of other brands that ARE reliable.

BigHoss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2011
    East Texas (Brownsboro)
    I did a ton of research and ended up buying "what I feel" is the best thing on me, besides my gun...my:

Olight M20 Warrior

Olight USA

I was able to purchase two rechargeable batteries (UltraFire BRC 18650) and a charger rather inexpensively on eBay. The Olight's carry case allows for two extra batteries to be held...so I carry my light with one recharged battery in the light, one back up rechargeable and the back (original) batteries that came with the light...I rarely have to recharge...and I am always ready!

M20 R5 Warrior Tactical LED Flashlight 320 Lumens

m20warrior.jpg

Model #:M20-R5 2010
    Availability:Added 06/02/2011
    Price:$89.95

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    wow... what the heck is #12?

I tend to prefer pocket sized lights, but I do have a couple punk thumper Maglites like your #1&2.

#12 is a TK70 made by Fenix. 2200 Lumen flashlight. Brightest LED flashlight. The Olight SR90 lumen stats were recently lowered by Olight, so that makes the TK70 the new king daddy. I got it in December.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Personally I have never been willing to shell out more than 50 bucks for any single flashlight except a stinger rechargeable that I use for work. It has 3 brightness settings and a strobe mode. It's battery life is limited on it's brightest setting but with the piggyback charger you can keep a fresh backup at the ready. I also like that you can buy the DC charger for it as well, great for an emergency situation. I keep one in my truck as well as the shop. It is probably powerful enough to damage your sight if you look into it(not sure about lumen output). Otherwise, I feel like most of the line-up of Coast brand LED flashlights are a great value for the quality. The older gen of "torches" all used gold plated contacts and jap LEDs. Maglights have been around forever and also double as a "beatin' stick" if necessary which may come in handy. I have handled and seen a lot of high-end flashlights but I have never had a desire to mount one to a gun so I stick to my old favorites. I am sure the "get what you pay for" rule plays some factor here but overall the coast and streamlight product suit my needs.

alaskapilot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Virginia
    shipwreck,

That photo says everything I need to know about you. I have embraced my OCD also. It’s like the “Force”....I use it to my benefit.

VERY NICE!!!

JJ...out

Top Bottom