• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    The wife's niece & nephew are coming in November for a visit. My in laws are going to hold a service for my wife. Little do they know that the ashes the wife's cousin gave them are not really any of my wife's. I guess the bought a tombstone with the wife name & dates on it. Not sure if they are opening the ground or not.

The niece & nephew are foodies, so I figured I make some bacon to let them taste real bacon made real easy.

So the next 7 days the pork belly gets rubbed on & flipped over daily. Then it takes a bath to sit uncovered in the fridge for a day or two then smoked. The cure is black pepper & maple. I think I use oak for smoke unless I get some cured hickory from my friend Ralph.
    Venture Surplus ad

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The wife's niece & nephew are coming in November for a visit. My in laws are going to hold a service for my wife. Little do they know that the ashes the wife's cousin gave them are not really any of my wife's. I guess the bought a tombstone with the wife name & dates on it. Not sure if they are opening the ground or not.

The niece & nephew are foodies, so I figured I make some bacon to let them taste real bacon made real easy.

So the next 7 days the pork belly gets rubbed on & flipped over daily. Then it takes a bath to sit uncovered in the fridge for a day or two then smoked. The cure is black pepper & maple. I think I use oak for smoke unless I get some cured hickory from my friend Ralph.
    i got plenty of oak if you need some!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    IMG_1343.jpeg

Nothing like spending a lazy Sunday morning watching the Kamado smoke & the dog hunting squirrelkong inside his perimeter.

Even better is when you pull off the slab of freshly cured & smoked bacon. Y’all know how good bacon cooking smells, this 6 pounds of bacon blows it away.

I tell you when I gift some bacon to a friend it as enjoyable as shooting or watching someone shoot the MP5k.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Looks tasty!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    Once you eat a nice thick knife cut slice of this(especially as a garnish in a bloody marry)the best store bought bacon become really pretty shitty.

To make this bacon even better was I bought the pork belly when it was marked down. And it's so easy to make. Mix up the cure, coat the pork belly, flip it over daily for 7 days, wash off the cure &place n the fridge uncover on a rack so the under side gets air too.for a day or twit develop the pellicle. Slow smoke with your favorite wood until 155 degrees.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Baboon, if you will one more time tell your cure so I can write it down and try to make some of that delicious looking bacon like you have.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robertmb3
    Top Bottom