• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    YOU can say that again, another one of my hero's, finest Pro Football coach to ever set foot on a field. Tom changed the game, he gave it CLASS and Jerry Jones gave it AZZ!

I have a football signed by Tom Landry, Roger Staubach and Ed 'To Tall' Jones

Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Meredith...

Bum Phillips and Earl Campbell...

George Blanda and Charlie "Canonball" Tolar (whom I once beat arm wrestling for $$)

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I miss:
    The folk music and beatnik places in Chicago. Some of them were the "Hungry Eye", the "It's Here" and a pile of other hole in the wall coffee houses. In some, you'd check shoes at the door and at still others, eat peanuts in the shell and drop shells on the floor. I don't remember how much it cost to get in those places but it wasn't much. I didn't have much money at all!

We'd go there in the early evening, hear some of the best folk music, acoustic guitars and most talented performers on this Earth! We had to get the Hell outta there as the tough guys took over at 10pm and they'd kill you as you tried to get to your car. We were attacked several times and got the car smashed with rocks & bricks as we tried to get away. On one lonely, dark street, we were attacked by a big group but got away. Not long afterwards, a guy was shot through his car door and killed....right there!

So why tell you this? The music was so damned good that it was worth the risk!

I miss
    The birth control era. It was before Aids and females found out about their own sexuality. They'd call you up and invite you over for a "friendly F---!" It was before sex became a "for profit" game and all they wanted was some recreational sex! If I didn't have any money at the moment, they'd pay for whatever we wanted to do. I'd get calls from strangers that said "I'm Alice.....Suzie recommended you!" God, I miss that!

I Miss
    When two men who had a serious falling out could take it across the street and duke it out. There were no lawsuits or criminal charges later and half the time, you ended up respecting each other.

A guy named Michael slashed my face with a sharp piece of metal. I still wear the scar. Years later, he broke into my car by smashing a window. After I found out who did that, he saw me approaching and immediately whipped out his wallet and started pealing off bills. He knew what was coming! Those were good times, much simpler and God how I miss that.

I miss
    The flower child woman with long hair, skirt, a loose blouse/top and no bra. Making love in a bed of flowers then a kiss goodby, exchanging flowers and maybe you'd never see each other again. It had a special sweetness about living in the "now". Everything is too f---ing serious today. God, how I miss that!

I miss
    The old cars that ran forever. In Chicago, every car is rusted through but they ran like Hell. We'd cherry them out and repaint them but in a year or two, they'd rot out again. I knew a guy who put a gallon of Bondo on his car every year, sanded it out and brush painted some color on it. Instant cherry car...every year!

Every friggin' car in Chicago had dents in it. It was part of living in that shxt hole. What I miss though is that we didn't panic over a dent. We'd get a hammer, straighten it out and drive it! Cars weren't showpieces. They were transportation. I miss that.

I miss
    The rock festivals and the music. I called them "Drug Festivals" because they were. Fantastic music, cheap....UMMMM "stuff" naked debauchery everywhere and women....thousands of women! Don't get me wrong. What I miss most is that males and females thought alike! We all wanted to get through life with as few bumps and bruises as possible. They didn't prey on each other. Sex wasn't a commodity to be sold or exchanged, it was to be enjoyed and shared. I heard once that you'd go to Hell for laughing in bed. I would have been a goner long ago! Sex was fun and I miss that!

I miss
    That cops used to be part of the neighborhood. They knew the people and interacted with them. Now....I don't know what we call this crap. They are radio dispatched so they can take reports.

I miss
    Friends. REAL friends who would fight for you, fight right beside you and always be there for you.

Sigh....It's time to hit the rack. It was fun!

Flash

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I miss be able to buy a set of tires for my truck for $400

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I miss:
    Barry Sanders playing football. Sproles is the only player to run like Sanders. He's good but he's not Barry Sanders.

Flash

Pops1955

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    I miss plowing all day with the .22 and shooting coyotes, prairie dogs, rats, mice, crows, snakes, skunks (depending on the wind direction) and rabbits. Lots and lots of rabbits. You get to be a fair shot growing up on a farm.

I miss pheasant hunting.

I miss goose hunting.

I miss my Dad's old JC Higgins pump 12 gauge.

I miss my GTO and the back seat on date night.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I miss the (literally) unbelievable BS posted from a couple of our members who seemingly never post anymore. They're well-represented in this thread.

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    Sometimes when I’m shooting, I think I could miss the water if I fell out of a boat.

I hear that. I forgot to warm up before shooting yesterday, so my grip was weak to begin, which meant it would take forever for my sights to settle until I finally remembered why and got warmed up.

I miss when the planet's population was around 4 billion. Lotta stuff is better nowadays, but it was much easier to enjoy things without crowds back then.

Top Bottom