DK Firearms

I may have to have myself banned for a month or two...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    My name is Jason and I have a problem... I can't seem to resist good deals on here or sales at Cabela's lately...

I need to do some major maintenance to my daily driver and still need tires for the Cobra (plus a few other little things) to get her street legal again... If I could step away from the deals and the sales maybe I'd have the money to order my car parts...

so in advance if I ask about for sale items over $50 in the Austin area PLEASE TELL ME NO!!! I'm BEGGING HERE!!!!
    ARJ Defense ad

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    My name is Jason and I have a problem... I can't seem to resist good deals on here or sales at Cabela's lately...

I need to do some major maintenance to my daily driver and still need tires for the Cobra (plus a few other little things) to get her street legal again... If I could step away from the deals and the sales maybe I'd have the money to order my car parts...

so in advance if I ask about for sale items over $50 in the Austin area PLEASE TELL ME NO!!! I'm BEGGING HERE!!!!

What do you need done, and what do you drive?

Will fix cars for guns and ammo.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    wait cabelas has good deals... where????

They had $99.99 91/30s a couple weeks ago. And they were in niiiiiiice shape. I had to bring home a sweet little '41 with a bore that's as pristine as I think you can find on a Soviet rifle. The only things I can find "wrong" with it are the stock was replaced post-war at arsenal and that the crown took a beating from the cleaning rod.

At least this strelok used the cleaning rod!!

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege is about to get it's timing belt done... I ordered a kit with water pump first so I can see what else I might want or need for that part of the event... probably want cam/crank seals too...

Exhaust manifold gasket and some silcone vacuum lines for sure... perhaps ARP manifold studs, Forge or ATP waste gate actuator, etc too

maybe new engine/transaxle mounts, shifter bushings, and a couple of other upgrades while she's apart...

Hoping that the manifold is not cracked... not sure how easy it will be to get that welded and a replacement is about $1,500-1,700 for stock... $750 or so for a nicer aftermarket one...

I think it is going to $$$UCK just a little...

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    wait cabelas has good deals... where????

damn used .17hmr Accelerator... Taurus Judge with laser/light and case deal in sale ad, and finally a stainless barreled Ruger 10/22 with synthetic stock and extra ten round mag in sale ad week after Taurus ad... oh plus they do layaway...

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege is about to get it's timing belt done... I ordered a kit with water pump first so I can see what else I might want or need for that part of the event... probably want cam/crank seals too...

Exhaust manifold gasket and some silcone vacuum lines for sure... perhaps ARP manifold studs, Forge or ATP waste gate actuator, etc too

maybe new engine/transaxle mounts, shifter bushings, and a couple of other upgrades while she's apart...

Hoping that the manifold is not cracked... not sure how easy it will be to get that welded and a replacement is about $1,500-1,700 for stock... $750 or so for a nicer aftermarket one...

I think it is going to $$$UCK just a little...

Don't bother with the cam/crank seals unless they're leaking. Valve cover gasket is probably something you'll need, though. Water pump when you do a timing belt? Always.

Is the exhaust leaking at the manifold? The manifold isn't cast, is it? Mazda doesn't always go the cheap cast route (my long lost Miata wasn't cast), but if it is you're not going to weld it...

Engine mounts: probably. The front and rear mounts wear out on those cars. The left and right, not so much. If you want "high performance" mounts, just order some stock mounts and get some windshield adhesive. ;)

Leave the studs and wastegate actuator alone unless they're actually giving you trouble or need to be upgraded. There are a lot of "upgrades" for turbo cars that are just wastes of money, especially ancillary stuff like BOVs (when you should really be running a recirculating valve anyway).

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    The WGA is typically a known issue on these cars... the exhaust gasket is leaking for sure, not sure about the studs or cracks yet... I think the manifolds are cast and I have seen them welded... I've been told that it is VERY hard to do or have done though...

Cam/Crank seals will wait to see what they look like when the car comes apart I am sure they are available locally if needed...

I ordered a kit last night with a TB, tensioner, idler, WP... will probably wait till it gets here to see what other seals and gaskets I may want...

The exhaust gasket or something is leaking, tossing a bit of soot up the front of the engine... I have and might consider the Window Weld mounts too.. much cheaper than $280...

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    I dunno but we use to have cast manifolds welded all the time, of course this was many moons ago. They are a pain in the butt to do though.

Top Bottom