• kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Just started the new job:cool:on wed went to work, didnt
    even get to get the new guy thing(fill out the paper work look around and go home) no they walked me through the loading pre trip etc..)

And sent me on my way, but no handbook no ?s nada so i am going to carry hence dont ask dont tell what do you guys think?

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Sure as the sun comes up, I think I would let them know I had a CHL and allow them to comment on that issue. If its cool with them, then great. If they dont allow employee's to carry in their trucks, then there ya have it.
    Surly they understand how a propane guy's worst enemy are those knee eating dog's.
    Doesnt seem like something worth getting fired over.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ummmm.....wrong. If they don't tell you you can't carry, there's no reason to bring it up. Period. You have a CHL - not a Tell-an'-CHL. If it was important to 'em, they'd tell ya. You're likely to find the boss man totes routinely himself.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Ummmm.....wrong. If they don't tell you you can't carry, there's no reason to bring it up. Period. You have a CHL - not a Tell-an'-CHL. If it was important to 'em, they'd tell ya. You're likely to find the boss man totes routinely himself.

Wrong? What do ya mean wrong?
    Texas is a right to work state. If they find out he's packin and choose to fire him, they can. If he has their consent, then all is good.
    Were talkin about a man's job here, not some resturant that he can get thrown out of and simply find another place to eat at.
    Just because I didnt say you could do something on my property doesnt mean you can.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Wrong? What do ya mean wrong?
    Texas is a right to work state. If they find out he's packin and choose to fire him, they can.

Actually, no. If they fire him for doing something they didn't tell him not to do, he's gonna win the unemployment claim. Lose his job? Doubt it - if no one told him that means that they either don't consider it an issue, or just don't care either way.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Actually, no. If they fire him for doing something they didn't tell him not to do, he's gonna win the unemployment claim. Lose his job? Doubt it - if no one told him that means that they either don't consider it an issue, or just don't care either way.

Actually if they dont have the libtard/natzi anti-gun signs up, I dont think he could get into any legal trouble, "But", it wouldnt be a bad thing to communicate with the boss about it either.
    Hell, they might be glad to know he has some workplace defense on em.
    Either way, I think its a good way to prevent job related problems.
    Who know's what they might think untill you ask.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Guess I'm used to the places I go.....one place, last time I was there my contact wanted me to bring my 1919a4 along to show his boss....so I did - right in the middle of their break room! About 300 employees, pharmacuetical company - and no one batted an eye. LOTS of questions about it, though.

RiverCity.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    San Antonio
    Be careful. Just because an employer doesn't tell you, that doesn't mean they don't have a published policy about it. When I started a new job after I got my CHL, no mention was made of the company's policy. I checked the HR policies (that are available through the company's intranet), and sure enough...there was the no-weapons policy.

Claiming ignorance may not work if the employer can point to an established policy. It's actually the employee's responsibility to be aware of policies, even if someone did not brief you during your orientation.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    yeah but i am going to feel them out like i said no postings nothing in the hand book,but
    dont know how the feel on the inside so for now dont want get fired on a humbug, also dont
    want to get caught naked, for now a catch 22

willygene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    texas
    if the policy didn't say anything nor did the boss then carry and being a right to work state don't have a dang thing to do with it it's an at will work state which means your at the will of the people who employ you.

Top Bottom