• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I want to order a spectre 2 friday. I want some advice. Capitol armory says 4-8 months for form 4 and 4-8 weeks for form 3. Silencer Shop says similar stuff.

My options are-
    1. Buy and pick up local.
    2. Buy online and transfer to a local shop.
    3. Buy online and wait for it to ship to my house.

What is fastest and cheapest? I'll sacrifice 25-50$ to get my suppressor a month earlier.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Buy where the FFL has it in stock, that will save a month or so.

Silencer shop will ship t your house but it adds a couple weeks. I sent LG to pick mine up. Anyone on your trust can pick it up for you.

Transferring to another class 3 would be another form 3 and add another ~month to the wait.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Buy where the FFL has it in stock, that will save a month or so.

Silencer shop will ship t your house but it adds a couple weeks. I sent LG to pick mine up. Anyone on your trust can pick it up for you.

Transferring to another class 3 would be another form 3 and add another ~month to the wait.
    Thanks. I'll check around in Corpus before I order. I've got a shop I go to every 2 weeks to make sure I'm still doing ok with my carry guns (on paper). Last time they only had about 10 total suppressors in the glass.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    This is where you say "these laws make no Fing sense!"
    I hear my wife say that when I said "here's the trust paperwork" and "we need it so we can buy a suppressor easily" and "we have to get a tax stamp first" and "it takes a while to get approved" and "yes, even if it's just to make our .22s quieter and safer".

I started a thread a year ago asking "does anyone thing we really need to regulate suppressors and SBRs?" The answer was "NO AND YOU DIDNT SAY MACHINE GUNS. WE WANT MACHINE GUNS YOU PANSY!" So these laws make no sense.

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    I want to order a spectre 2 friday. I want some advice. Capitol armory says 4-8 months for form 3 and 4-8 weeks for form 4. Silencer Shop says similar stuff.

My options are-
    1. Buy and pick up local.
    2. Buy online and transfer to a local shop.
    3. Buy online and wait for it to ship to my house.

What is fastest and cheapest? I'll sacrifice 25-50$ to get my suppressor a month earlier.

You have the form dates backwards but that's the just of it.

If they don't have in stock it has to be transferred to them on a Form 3 and that takes 6-8 weeks currently. Once the Form 3 transfer is complete then the F4 is filled out and submitted along with your $200 tax and that takes 4-8 months.

If you have the item shipped rather than picked up that will take another couple weeks. They send you a 4473 to fill out/sign/return then they ship your item.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's the other stupid.

All this BS with the ATF and STILL have to fill out a 4473 for something that is USELESS without a gun.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    You have the form dates backwards but that's the just of it.

If they don't have in stock it has to be transferred to them on a Form 3 and that takes 6-8 weeks currently. Once the Form 3 transfer is complete then the F4 is filled out and submitted along with your $200 tax and that takes 4-8 months.

If you have the item shipped rather than picked up that will take another couple weeks. They send you a 4473 to fill out/sign/return then they ship your item.
    I fixed the form vs lead time dates. What's a 4473?

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424210061.603882.jpg

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Thanks glock owner.

I went to my favorite gunshop today and they didn't have any spectre 2s in stock but they ordered 4 the beginning of this month. They are for full msrp.

What would be faster?
    1. Ordering from my shop locally
    2. Ordering from Silencershop or Capitol Armory

i want to order Friday.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Order from whichever is closer. Pick it up when it arrives. Head on on a Saturday (or call in sick to work and get it sooner)

Full MSRP is crazy.

If the shop near you had a range and they aren't dicks you should be able to go there and shoot with the can while waiting for the stamp to clear.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    How far are you from SS or CA?
    About the same distance. A practical days drive there and back. I'd save 100$ and maybe some time buying from CA or SS.
    Id get to play with it while it's in jail here at corpus. Talked to the counter guy at Sharp Shooter and he said about 3 months for the can to get to them and 4-5 until I can take it home. Total 7-8 months. I'll check another place tomorrow.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's interesting.

Last person I spoke with about ordering out of stock cans gave a 45 day estimate. Course, I wasn't willing to wait that long.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Pick the one with the best price, or coolest website, or best BBQ nearby, or has a range on the way so you can stop and shoot on the way home.

Just get it ordered ASAP so you can start waiting....and waiting....and waiting.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I like Silencershop, but I guess we all got a special place in our hearts for our first time. They were very gentle and didn't pressure me. It was romantic.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I'm leaning towards local. If it was ordered the beginning of this month and SS says their getting approvals from 12/14-1/15 my suppressor might be in by the end of March. I'll get to visit her at the range while she's locked up. Downside is ill pay an extra 100$ to not drive or ship.

Top Bottom