• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    i was at lone star and my colt 80 quit running striped it and i have herters,
    230 ball live in the barrel Help can this be fixed in a safe manor
    Hurley's Gold

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Did the entire round get stuck on the lands? If so, take the stripped barrel, place it on a wooden or plastic surface and using an old cleaning rod, lightly tap it out from the muzzle. It will come out, and it's safe...just don't hammer on the primer! haha!

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Wait, Herrera is that steel crap isn't it? You've got carbon sticking on this one. That stuff is like glue! What a pain.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Looks like its just the bullet in there to me. If there is no brass casing , powder, primer, ect left in the hole, I would just knock it back out from the other side.
    I never had that happen to me so wait for some other opinions to.
    If it is stuck pretty bad, you can drill a hole through the bullet and relieve some of the tension. That'll make it come out easier.

Rottweiler

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Hill Country
    Looks like you had a powderless round aka "squib". Bullet is stuck in barrel. <1"from chamber. insert a brass rod (about 3/8" dia) in the muzzle. set the chamber end of the barrel on a block of wood and whack the brass rod with a hammer. This will push the bullet back into the chamber where it should fall free. Problem fixed.

This works best with a rod about as long as the barrel

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I have had 4 squibs in the last 15000 rounds I have reloaded and all I did is get a oak wood dowl and popped them out like Rottweiler said.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Not to change the subject, but I talked to a guy a while back that said he ended up with 3 in the barrel all at the same time. He had some low powder target ammo he reloaded. He said that was a mess to clean out.
    Could of got him hurt to.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    WOW. That sucker is way down there!

Wooden dowel. Tap gently from the muzzle end (obviously with the barrel ends both pointing away from anything you treasure) I bet it comes out pretty easily. Like somebody said, maybe a little oil to help smooth the ejection.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Why do you keep calling it a "live" round ? Does it have an explosive tip on it or something ? Just tap it out, amigo, easy peezy.

Live round because it a complete unfired round that the firing pin has struck the primer. Could be squib round with no powder as suggested but could also be just waiting for a harder strike on the primer to set the sucker off. Not so easy peezy!!

Top Bottom