I guess we're going for the new HVAC system...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I could have refit the rv to 240v 50a, and gone with a much larger minisplit. BUT, this rv is pretty weight limited, and all of that would ad alot of weight. Also, my battery bank and inverter system was already in place when we decided to do it. By staying with a 120v minisplit, it let's me run it off that system. I have enough capacity to cool at least 10 deg F for more than 8 hours off battery power. So that was a worthwhile capability to keep. Even without dc to dc charging, we can leave the ac on while traveling if we want. The plan was to add solar and dc to dc charging, but so far it's been unnecessary. I can run it overnight, then recharge and power everything while doing it with 6ish hours on a Honda Eu3000.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    I could have refit the rv to 240v 50a, and gone with a much larger minisplit. BUT, this rv is pretty weight limited, and all of that would ad alot of weight. Also, my battery bank and inverter system was already in place when we decided to do it. By staying with a 120v minisplit, it let's me run it off that system. I have enough capacity to cool at least 10 deg F for more than 8 hours off battery power. So that was a worthwhile capability to keep. Even without dc to dc charging, we can leave the ac on while traveling if we want. The plan was to add solar and dc to dc charging, but so far it's been unnecessary. I can run it overnight, then recharge and power everything while doing it with 6ish hours on a Honda Eu3000.

<>

So, there is an automotive A/C up front for driver(s)

<>

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    <>

So, there is an automotive A/C up front for driver(s)

<>
    It's a 5th wheel trailer.. Edit.. However, I do have a friend back home that has mounted them on busses as well.
    IMG_20231106_154519.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom