• ...and so much more!
  • TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    BCPD: Husband shot wife to help her avoid military duty - KLTV.com-Tyler, Longview, Jacksonville, Texas | ETX News

You just can't make this stuff up.

Judy Groomes initially told police that she was shot by an armed intruder who confronted her inside her home while her husband and their two small children were asleep. She reported the suspect then fled out the back door on foot. Bossier City Fire Department personnel took Judy Groomes to LSU Health Center in Shreveport for treatment of her wounds which were determined to be non-life threatening.

After questioning, detectives determined Judy Groomes had her husband shoot her so that she could avoid deployment. She was scheduled to deploy to Southwest Asia in the coming months, according to a statement from Barksdale.
    Hurley's Gold

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    So she didnt want to take a 3-6 month TDY trip to what Taiwan so she has her husband shoot her in the leg. They should both be given the max penalty under the UCMJ.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    So she didnt want to take a 3-6 month TDY trip to what Taiwan so she has her husband shoot her in the leg. They should both be given the max penalty under the UCMJ.

Southwest Asia, so most likely that means Afghanistan.

I hope they both are discharged, they are a disgrace to the uniform!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    Southwest Asia, so most likely that means Afghanistan.

I hope they both are discharged, they are a disgrace to the uniform!

[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]2nd Logistics Squadron Inbound Receiving Section, that would be a warehouse unit for redistribution, right?[/FONT] So maybe Saudi or Kuwait.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Good grief, they're both in the Air Force in logistics roles (meaning no risk of combat) and they're pulling this nonsense to avoid deployment? Unbelievable. It makes me sad that people like these two can serve and yet I get denied at MEPS when I tried to enlist.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Good grief, they're both in the Air Force in logistics roles (meaning no risk of combat) and they're pulling this nonsense to avoid deployment? Unbelievable. It makes me sad that people like these two can serve and yet I get denied at MEPS when I tried to enlist.

What was the reason they gave you for the denial?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Her odds of getting shot overseas were pretty slim. Her odds of getting shot to avoid deployment were 100% by her own decision. Someone tell me what I'm missing here... I mean this plan DOES make sense somehow, right?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Her odds of getting shot overseas were pretty slim. Her odds of getting shot to avoid deployment were 100% by her own decision. Someone tell me what I'm missing here... I mean this plan DOES make sense somehow, right?

She wasn't trying to avoid getting shot. She was trying to avoid deployment and god forbid work. Loves them gob't checks though.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    What was the reason they gave you for the denial?

Tested positive for protein in my urine during the piss test. Turned out I had a rare sort-of-but-not-exactly autoimmune kidney disease (IgA Nephropathy) which eventually led to stage 5 renal failure, 3 years of dialysis and a kidney transplant two years ago. I'll always be grateful for the military for giving me a fighting chance what with the early detection of my kidney disease at MEPS, even if saving my kidneys was ultimately a futile effort.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Tested positive for protein in my urine during the piss test. Turned out I had a rare sort-of-but-not-exactly autoimmune kidney disease (IgA Nephropathy) which eventually led to stage 5 renal failure, 3 years of dialysis and a kidney transplant two years ago. I'll always be grateful for the military for giving me a fighting chance what with the early detection of my kidney disease at MEPS, even if saving my kidneys was ultimately a futile effort.

Damn! That's a good reason to be greatful.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    xbasbajajjs
    Top Bottom