• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StubbySquirrel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2022
    Texas
    New guy here!
    Looking for new ideas/input on what kind of accessories or what people are looking for in a blind. Any thoughts or ideas? Wanting to bring something new to the market with input from hunters for hunters.
    Gun Zone Deals

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    7b8b5cda39900998f111218daf16a4bd.jpg

Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    • Get the LED lamp that has a bug zapper built in. Fewer mosquitos during the pre-dawn hours is well worth it.
    • Get a quiet battery powered fan - or rig up an old PC fan. When it's hot in the blind, you'll be thankful for it.
    • I knew a guy who rigged up a PVC pipe that went into the ground below the (elevated) stand, with gravel in the hole. In effect, it was a long piss tube. Handy, and easier than old water jugs.
    • Keep a water jug (1 gallon or bigger) in the stand. Pretty handy to wash your hands, put on a towel to cool you off, etc.
    • Rig up a quiet rifle rest. Some people screw a pool noodle or pipe insulation to the window base. Let's you set the rifle on it quietly.
    • Put some screw-in hangers in several places in the blind. Good to hang a coat or other gear and keep it handy but off the floor.
    • An old piece of carpet on the floor will cut down noise.
    • Keep a can of wasp spray somewhere you can get to it outside. Those things can build a nest pretty quickly.
    • Mount an LED light with a switch near the door. When you're getting in the stand, it's handy to put the light on while getting set up.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Welcome to the TGT forum.
    It depends upon whether your talking about a permanent or temporary blind and is it to be specific to deer, ducks, or whatever?

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    • Get the LED lamp that has a bug zapper built in. Fewer mosquitos during the pre-dawn hours is well worth it.
    • Get a quiet battery powered fan - or rig up an old PC fan. When it's hot in the blind, you'll be thankful for it.
    • I knew a guy who rigged up a PVC pipe that went into the ground below the (elevated) stand, with gravel in the hole. In effect, it was a long piss tube. Handy, and easier than old water jugs.
    • Keep a water jug (1 gallon or bigger) in the stand. Pretty handy to wash your hands, put on a towel to cool you off, etc.
    • Rig up a quiet rifle rest. Some people screw a pool noodle or pipe insulation to the window base. Let's you set the rifle on it quietly.
    • Put some screw-in hangers in several places in the blind. Good to hang a coat or other gear and keep it handy but off the floor.
    • An old piece of carpet on the floor will cut down noise.
    • Keep a can of wasp spray somewhere you can get to it outside. Those things can build a nest pretty quickly.
    • Mount an LED light with a switch near the door. When you're getting in the stand, it's handy to put the light on while getting set up.

This is good stuff right here. Thanks for putting up this list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    If I was to have a hunting blind it would sleep 2 comfortably, be capable to make hotmeals, good ventilation, dry, fat phuc accessible... O wait that called hunting from you porch.

With archery season going I'm curious if I'll noticed few neighborhood deer?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    New guy here!
    Looking for new ideas/input on what kind of accessories or what people are looking for in a blind. Any thoughts or ideas? Wanting to bring something new to the market with input from hunters for hunters.
    Two kinds: light and packable. Or built and stationary.

I enjoy mini-cabins turned into blinds. You could build people those shed/shop buildings but make it for hunting.

Light weight and packable I would just make sure it's good material and something that tries to reflect heat. This day and age everything has some tech on it. Maybe have it use solar panels. Or a packable model that's compatible with wood stove jacks. Make it easy to set up...I like simple and durable. No stitched in floor. Maybe has different ways to set up. Can use tie downs with trees or poles.

Top Bottom