• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Start writing letters, and send the usual folks a bit of money fellas. This one's pretty bad. I doubt it would pass right now, but we can't let up for a second.

Here's the short version of what it would do.

• Create a nationwide gun registry
    • Ban almost all semiautomatic rifles
    • Institute a federal Magazine Ban
    • Implement national "Red Flag" gun confiscation
    • Tax guns at 30% and ammo at 50%
    • Ban patriots under 21 from exercising their Second Amendment rights
    • Ration guns by making it illegal to purchase more than one firearm in a 30-day period
    • Force "Safe Storage" requirements on gun owners
    • Ban home builds
    • Ban suppressors
    • Force FFLs to spend massive amounts of money to comply with new "security" requirements
    • Expand "Gun Free Zones"
    • And more than we can possibly list here in this space

And here's the kicker.

But that's not even the most chilling part. Because HR 5717 would require gun owners to obtain a permit from the Government to purchase guns and ammo.

And in order to obtain this "permit," gun owners would be required to submit to a live-fire exercise.

Are you seeing the problem with this requirement?

How can a first-time gun owner submit to a live-fire exercise if they don't have a firearm to use?

The answer is: they can't. The Government isn't going to provide guns and live ammo to first-time gun buyers.

So the only way new gun owners can comply with this legislation is to conduct a live-fire demonstration with a gun they don't have because the Government won't let them buy it.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/oppo...dium=email&utm_source=firearmspolicycoalition

Here's the full bill for those who want to see red.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/text?r=1&s=1

I just sent the FPC some money and will probably do the same for the GOA. I'd advise you to start writing your congresscritters too. Let them know that shit isn't going to fly with us.
    Target Sports

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    The only thing "good" about this bill is it is so over the top it should be easy to shoot down. Can't let your guard down for a second with these people. Ol' Hank probably thinks the world will become lopsided with all of our ammo and guns weighing it down on the Western side, causing widespread Global warming!.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Just reminded Van Taylor that law abiding people don't support infringements on our God given rights and this dope from Georgia has no business being in the US Congress.

mrmiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2020
    pflugerville
    I was looking at this bill House - 03/10/2020 Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. I noticed it was referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. I wanted to reach out to the Vice Chair committee member but it rejects my contacts since I do not live in her district. My understanding is that if she is on a committee I have the right to contact her even outside her jurisdiction. Thoughts?

https://demingsforms.house.gov/contact/

Top Bottom