Not open for further replies.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    lol there are no more hogs. all my neighbors have high fenced so now we're high fence and nobody has seen a hog at our place in over a year. no more tracks either. i wanna trap some from other properties and bring them over but that's just ass backwards and i can't do it.
    Texas SOT

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Might want to harvest that resource carefully, for a while.
    At least until Trump makes it through the first four years.
    If not, some patriot protein might come in handy ...

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Why would landowners making thousands of dollars hosting hog hunts want to eradicate them?
    I know you may not believe this but there are landowners in Texas who use the land to grow crops for commerce and to support livestock
    These people are suffering crop damage from the hogs and they want them gone

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I know you may not believe this but there are landowners in Texas who use the land to grow crops for commerce and to support livestock
    These people are suffering crop damage from the hogs and they want them gone

Yeah I am one of them and I know why I do not want hogs on my farmland.

But I also lease out land for hunting and like many others make a lot of money from it. So I will not be joining the program to eradicate them. Just like I did not join the coyote eradication program.

So your claim "every landowner will get one" is proposterous.

Hogs are here forever get used to it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I'm reminded of boll weevils.
    The eradication program became mandatory.

Get ready. It'll happen.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Get ready. It'll happen.

Someone is going to forcibly come on to my land install and maintain feeders? At what cost $10B? Even if it worked they just come back from other states. Hillary will be POTUS before hogs are eradicated from Texas.

Roflmao

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Someone is going to forcibly come on to my land install and maintain feeders? At what cost $10B? Even if it worked they just come back from other states. Hillary will be POTUS before hogs are eradicated from Texas.

Roflmao

Laugh.
    I watched it happen.
    I'd rather have a bushel of boll weevils than one government agent on my place.
    I didn't get a choice.

"Quarantine" is a word they use.

Go ahead and laugh.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Get ready. It'll happen.

Laugh.
    I watched it happen.
    I'd rather have a bushel of boll weevils than one government agent on my place.
    I didn't get a choice.

"Quarantine" is a word they use.

Go ahead and laugh.

Boll weevils were not part of a billion dollar industry.

Humor me some by telling me when this is going to take place.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    Cotton isn't a billion dollar industry?

I reckon I've been duped.

Somehow I knew it was gonna go over your head

Boll weevils did not have a billion dollar industry and millions of people wanting to keep them alive (until they get to shoot them -:)). Hogs do.

Vaquero

Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Somehow I knew it was gonna go over your head

Boll weevils did not have a billion dollar industry and millions of people wanting to keep them alive (until they get to shoot them -:)). Hogs do.

When Monsanto and your 10k acre neighbors say it needs to happen. It'll happen.
    Their crop damage and lobbying matter more than your hunting lease.

Over my head.
    Heh. That's rich.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    it is impossible to kill every hog in Texas

but the goal of the State and Dept of Agriculture (yes, the Feds are promoting this) is to gain some sort of control on the population
    Hunting and trapping don't do near enough to effect any change or it would have already

wide spread poisioning will have an impact and its realativley cheap
    If I wanted to kill the hogs off of my land, I'd set a poison station over having hunters come in, paying or not.
    I've been ask several times over the years if people could come out and hunt hogs
    I don't want them, because they would have to be on my place without me, and I'm not going to baby sit people or have my neighbors raise hell with me over people shooting over the fences

theblakester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Austin, Tx
    They don't know you. They don't trust you. They don't know your experience with firearms and firearms safety. They don't know if your are an experienced hunter. They don't know if u can tell the difference between a hot at night and one of their prize calfs. They don't know if you are going to litter on their property and their livestock gets sick from eating your trash that u inconsiderately left. They don't know if you are going to leave a gate to a pasture open and let a herd of exotic deer out costing them thousands and thousands. They don't know if you and your buddies are going to be drinking on their place with guns. They don't want u getting lost on their property somewhere without service. They also don't want that 2 am phone call to have to come find you. They don't want the liability of being responsible for a stranger or strangers (even more risky and dangerous... People do stupid things when they see a hog or group of hogs and get a big adrenaline dump. One guy could be trying to position himself to get a better shot on some running hogs and accidentally walk in front of the other guy who is swinging his muzzle shootin at the running hogs) with a gun on their place. They probably already have plenty of friends and family willing and eager to hunt their land already that they already know and trust who already know every pasture and section of their property well and could navigate it at night. They don't know if you're going to follow their shoot and no shoot zones... Especially with that adrenaline dump and the hogs run across a field and u don't realize that they've crossed into the no shoot zone. They don't know if you're gonna mistake a coyote for their yellow lab. They don't want to roll the dice on all that and spend a lot of time showing u around their place all weekend so that u know the rules that they don't even know that you're gonna follow or not unintentionally or not.
    There are several other reasons but I'm done pooping now so I'm also done typing.

Sorry for stereotyping and bot trying to be rude but it's the guys that just wanna come shoot some hogs bc they saw cool videos on YouTube but have never hunter before. They ruin it for the responsible hunters that will respect the rules and truly earn the land owners trust. These people think they're gonna walk onto a property and within 5 minutes Look at a field full of hogs with 360 degrees of safe shooting direction and walk up to them and start blasting all of them... After all they're so overpopulated, they can't be hard to find... These people really have no clue and the fact that they ask that question proves it.

Try meeting and talking directly to a land owner face to face and explain yourself to their face. A 2 minute conversation directly with them will weed out a lot of those ignorant to why it is such a hassle and liability. If u make it past that conversation, offer to do some labor work on their land for free. This will allow them to get a better idea of what type of hunter you would be on their property and Let them know u are serious. Let u learn their land better before being turned loose with a loaded gun at night. Etc etc. ok I gotta wipe the booty hole for real now. Hope that helps! Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

theblakester

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2011
    Austin, Tx
    Yeah, but no faggoty "toaster strudels".

I actually like toaster strudels. Scones... Now those things are beyond gay. And Anti gun Starbucks sells em.. I heard if u eat one u become a tranny.

Also,
    After reading the thread, I'm thinkin ya might be trolling and I took the bait hook line and sinker???

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom