• ...and so much more!
  • ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Zembonez..words out of my mouth.

Auto cross will help with your comfort levels in handling your car at speed at harder turns including body movement. Then, look into Mineral Wells drift events. The organizer had a lot of events where they taught people to drift and technique.

Project325

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    San Antonio
    Auto cross is the most fun you can have on 4 wheels! I've been a few times and wish I could do it more. Alas... the real world has other plans for my weekends. :( If nothing else, one trip so you can see how well your car really does handle.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Auto cross is the most fun you can have on 4 wheels! I've been a few times and wish I could do it more. Alas... the real world has other plans for my weekends. :( If nothing else, one trip so you can see how well your car really does handle.

Autocross is cool until you get on a real track.

Drifting is fun, I've done it, it's fun. You won't really learn anything from a video game. The feel of the car is the biggest and most important aspect of driving a car. You should be able to feel what the car is doing before you visually see it. Countersteering, trail braking, etc. are all rooted in being able to feel the car.

When I turn into a corner, I feel the weight shift to the outside, I feel the front tires and how much slip angle I got left, I feel the rear end out ... if the car is yawing I know I'm slipping a bit in the rear, slight lift off the throttle in a RWD or come off the brake on entry ... I feel the suspension in compression, if there's any bumps I know to lift the inputs when the car gets light and give a tad bit of countersteer.

It's all 100% feel. I apply to the Hans Stuck school of driving.

Top Bottom