• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    So you want to ban guns. This is EASY!

1) When the USSC wrote their opinion on Obamacare that said this: "Congress has UNLIMITED power to tax". There is your BAN right there.

2) I do not believe that for one moment the feds have destroyed all the records they have been keeping for the past 20 or so years on us buying guns.

3) THINK: WHO is managing and enforcing Obamacare? Ans: IRS, why? Because Obamacare is a TAX and Congress has UNLIMITED power to tax.

4) On x date you bought a gun, the Feds now tax guns based upon what kind of gun. AR 10 is taxed at $500 per year, single shot .22/.410 are taxed at $50 lifetime and everything in between is taxed on a sliding scale.

5) Letter from IRS shows up in mail telling you that on x date(s) you bought weapons. But they do not know what kind. No problem. Just send in a check for $500 per weapon you bought (their non-records show 11 purchases over 18 years). The IRS just assumes the highest tax rate.

6) IF you wish to dispute this, then please send in a copy of a receipt or police report for all weapons sold or stolen. If you bought single shot .22 or other weapons. Please VALIDATE with serial number and copy of your receipt and we will asses the proper tax schedule.

7) We (IRS) offer a no question asked Federal turn in/buy back program. Drop by your friendly IRS office and drop them off and we will cheerfully remove your weapons from the Federal Tax rolls

8) Failure to comply will result in fine and or imprisonment for Tax evasion in compliance with Federal laws currently applicable to other Tax situations.

This has the most potential to ever come about. No need for anyone to knock on your door at 3 am or anything else, no WACO's or Ruby Ridge. Just simple taxes like on Obamacare and if you fail to pay taxes its NOT gun ownership, its TAX EVASION! Guns are really banned, just taxed. We have this now with the MG class of weapons...

door to door will never happen.

if they can force people to buy health insurance they can disarm the public.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.

Many of them perhaps. However, some would go underground and regroup. It's immediate effectiveness can be debated, but such a thing happening is a certainty.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch

You are right on and I have been telling that to folks for years. Its a thing called LOGISTICS. There are not enough LEO's even if you had one million of them to get them. And all that would do is create confrontations folks would get killed and wounded...THINK Waco. Took right at 1600 armed forces to kill 80+ men, women and children and for all that they never found all the guns they claimed were there.

OF NOTE: Worst mass killing of children in the US? Sand Hook???? Not Hardly, WACO Tex by our own govt.

granite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Ya but they also make money off nearly every form of smoking cessation other than cold turkey and hypnosis lol. And of course not too many people are able to quit on the nicotine substitutes. Also I'm more talking about the gun shops than gun makers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

My example is a valid example. Voluntary self destruction (great term you used btw) happens all the time by govt. Its called IRS. Its called EPA. Its called many things.

If you want to focus on the seller- A pack of cigs in Texas costs $5, a pack in New York or Cali is $12? The number may be wrong but not far off from actual. The seller has to collect a large tax from the purchase which could be argued as voluntary self destruction of their business.

You either volunteer to self destruct by following the rules or self destruct by not following them. Pretty morbid thought.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I was there to witness the riots in Chicago in 1968. That wasn't an organized army. It was a bunch of long haired grass smoking Hippies! They threw rocks, Molotov Cocktails and sprayed Easy Off Oven Cleaner in the faces of the riot cops. They had no guns but cities were burned, blood flowed in the gutters and the SHTF for real!

Honestly, do you believe that the Feds could contain 300 million people who yelled "Hell, NO!"

Do you know what tens of thousands of rioters sound like as they are chanting:
    "Hell NO, We won't GO!"
    "Cops Eat Shxt"
    "The Whole World's Watching!"

I know exactly what it sounds like!

If you guys want to stress over open warfare between the Feds and the US citizens, then please have your Glad! Jake and I are going to have some Ribs, corn on the cob and some home grown melons and not give it another thought.

Flash

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    You are right on and I have been telling that to folks for years. Its a thing called LOGISTICS. There are not enough LEO's even if you had one million of them to get them. And all that would do is create confrontations folks would get killed and wounded...THINK Waco. Took right at 1600 armed forces to kill 80+ men, women and children and for all that they never found all the guns they claimed were there.

OF NOTE: Worst mass killing of children in the US? Sand Hook???? Not Hardly, WACO Tex by our own govt.

They got most gun owners brainwashed into jumping when they say to. I mean, many believe a CCW is a right when it's merely permission from govt to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. It's not the same crowd here as it was 240 years ago. I think gun owners by and large would throw the founders under the bus and call them nut jobs and say they are making gun owners look bad with their views.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    They got most gun owners brainwashed into jumping when they say to. I mean, many believe a CCW is a right when it's merely permission from govt to exercise your right to keep and bear arms. It's not the same crowd here as it was 240 years ago. I think gun owners by and large would throw the founders under the bus and call them nut jobs and say they are making gun owners look bad with their views.

IMO, all versions of carry are a right.

The fact that the gov is restricting that right does not change what it is.

NeckBeard

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    IMO, all versions of carry are a right.

The fact that the gov is restricting that right does not change what it is.

to those us who understand - yes, but the vast majority still think its a right and something totally awesome. they're the same types who would get a permit to fart if farting became an offense.

Top Bottom