• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I spent 5 hours replacing the pressure line assembly on my 93' nissan d21! I have jacks, stands etc creeper but, dang it! That job tore me up.. I have to go to my chiropractor tomorrow if I can. I feel like the truck ran over me..
    DK Firearms

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    th?id=H.4543213196019320&pid=1.jpg

lol ... I hear you dude, what sometimes should be an easy fix isn't and I don't have large hands either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Toyota nearly killed me. One caught fire, just cause it freaking could. The other gave me 7 stitches. 3 on the inside, 4 on the out. Foreign cars are evil. I refuse to ride in a toyota. REFUSE. I wanna live....

Nissan? Aint riding in a datsun either.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I never heard anyone complain about working on an American truck unless they just weren't good with a wrench. Just sayin' ;)

Japanese do tend to engineer things strangely, or maybe it has something to do with having to think 'backwards' since they drive on the wrong side and all.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Japanese engineers are good at making things into small packages. It does create some real tight spaces to work in. Often it requires disassembly of unrelated parts to get to what you need. I have small hands and I didn't do any work on my Isuzu except oil changes when we lived in Japan. It was tight quarters for sure. Luckily, I only needed to get a repair done once in three years and it was minor.

Did an oil change on my truck today. I practically sat under it for the filter and kicked back while the oil drained. Good 'n easy.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    You ever opened the hood on an 08 ford diesel?
    Sure. Looks intimidating, but it really isn't that bad. Kinda like the 98-02 Camaro/Firebird where half the motor was up under the cowl, and at first glance people thought they'd be impossible to wrench on without dropping the whole K-member down. That ended being far from the truth, and those cars were actually quite easy to work on. (93-97 were nearly the same, but the LT1 vs LS1 made a huge difference).

On the 6.4's, a lot of the mess under the hood is quickly removed, giving you a good amount of room to work - at least for the 'typical' stuff. If the motor craps the bed? Lift the body off the chassis and get at it the easy way, but that is pretty standard for any truck.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Post 1984 or so, I don't see much difference between wrenching on foreign vs. domestic. They are all a pain in the ass one way or another.

I'm partial to classic Italian sports cars myself, so I have my own little version of hell to deal with ;)

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I spent 5 hours replacing the pressure line assembly on my 93' nissan d21! I have jacks, stands etc creeper but, dang it! That job tore me up.. I have to go to my chiropractor tomorrow if I can. I feel like the truck ran over me..

I wouldn't know, I only buy American.......well, American-Mexican-Canadian.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    OP, I hear ya.. I helped someone take a head off of a Isuzu Trooper.
    That thing had about 50 brackets on it and everything was attached to something else. It might have been easier just pulling the motor.

I hate working on them. thats why I don't own one.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    It took all freaking day. Found out later that it would have been simpler to unbolt the body and lift it off the engine.

Selling car parts I made an end of day delivery, and hung out for a while with at a shop, they had a fiero, while it was an intriguing car. They had to undo the body to do just about everything. Lol.

Top Bottom