How did the Dallas Police and/or Dallas County DA's office resolve this defensive shooting incident?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Way back in May 2023 there was a defensive shooting incident at gas station in Oak Cliff. WFAA Channel 8 covered the story which you can read here; one dead robber and two others in custody.

My question is what was legal outcome for the individual who used the firearm to defend himself. I have sent repeated requests to DPD with the attached incident report but they never reply. If anyone on forum can get an answer I would appreciate it. I have given up trying myself.
    0001.jpg

Attachments

• 0003.jpg
      0003.jpg
      239.1 KB · Views: 30
    • 0002.jpg
      0002.jpg
      229.3 KB · Views: 26

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Considering the box for Justifiable Homicide was marked “Yes”, the DA’s office may not have had charges referred by DPD. In that instance DPD may have no publicly releasable records.

This is the second or third time you’ve done some deep diving to learn the identity of specific individuals.

Why?

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I can tell you from experience that when a DA knows they have a weak or nonexistent case, they will often draw out the pretrial process for a year or more to try to wear the defendant down and force a plea bargain so they can claim a "win". If prosecution was pursued in this case, it may not have made it to court yet.

When I was falsely accused and maliciously prosecuted for "assault/family violence" when my former sister attacked me, the Hays County DA spent 15 months resetting the trial date, refusing to comply with judicial instructions, refusing "discovery" with my attorney (basically refusing to show what evidence they thought they had so a defense could be put together - a standard early step in a court case), and making repeated and insulting offers for me to plead guilty either to that charge for a promise that I'd just have to take an anger management course (but still have that conviction on my record) or to a lesser charge that I was equally innocent of.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    I can tell you from experience that when a DA knows they have a weak or nonexistent case, they will often draw out the pretrial process for a year or more to try to wear the defendant down and force a plea bargain so they can claim a "win". If prosecution was pursued in this case, it may not have made it to court yet.

When I was falsely accused and maliciously prosecuted for "assault/family violence" when my former sister attacked me, the Hays County DA spent 15 months resetting the trial date, refusing to comply with judicial instructions, refusing "discovery" with my attorney (basically refusing to show what evidence they thought they had so a defense could be put together - a standard early step in a court case), and making repeated and insulting offers for me to plead guilty either to that charge for a promise that I'd just have to take an anger management course (but still have that conviction on my record) or to a lesser charge that I was equally innocent of.

Not trying to be a dick, but what is a former sister? Did you mean sister in law or a biological sibling that is no longer alive?

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Considering the box for Justifiable Homicide was marked “Yes”, the DA’s office may not have had charges referred by DPD. In that instance DPD may have no publicly releasable records.

This is the second or third time you’ve done some deep diving to learn the identity of specific individuals.

Why?
    It's what Trolls do.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Not trying to be a dick, but what is a former sister? Did you mean sister in law or a biological sibling that is no longer alive?

It means an individual who is biologically related to me but who is no longer recognized by me as a member of the family.

One of the last things my mother did on her deathbed was to disown my former sister for what she did. She is still alive (I assume) but I frankly don't give a **** and nobody in my family has had contact with her since she chose to physically attack me, then run to the sheriff to file assault charges against me for defending myself without injuring her.

A sister in law would be a sister in law. A dead sister would be a "late" sister. A biological sister I choose to exclude from my life in every way is a former sister. She is nothing to me, and she earned it.

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    It means an individual who is biologically related to me but who is no longer recognized by me as a member of the family.

One of the last things my mother did on her deathbed was to disown my former sister for what she did. She is still alive (I assume) but I frankly don't give a **** and nobody in my family has had contact with her since she chose to physically attack me, then run to the sheriff to file assault charges against me for defending myself without injuring her.

A sister in law would be a sister in law. A dead sister would be a "late" sister. A biological sister I choose to exclude from my life in every way is a former sister. She is nothing to me, and she earned it.
    Thanks for answering. I suspected as much.

Top Bottom