• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    1.) If it were your forum, what would you change?
    I'd weed out the older threads. Many times I get into reading a thread only to find it's an oldie and it wouldn't be a good idea to bump it.

4.) What is the worst part of the forum?
    The older threads. There is so much neat information there but it is so old, to post there would be a waste of time. I'd rather see it purged and as new folks come in, the subject could be resurrected.

Flash

I couldn't disagree more! The older info is great! A simple search reveals a ton of information without having to clutter up the board with redundant posts. If anything, I can agree that posts beyond a certain age could be locked, so they can't be posted in, but definitely leave them for general info purposes. I found this forum by doing a Google search on a specific firearm and clicked this link.

As for the rest of the questionnaire, I'm happy with the forum. I post a lot less than I read, but I enjoy my visits. Thanks for making this place go.
    ARJ Defense ad

cazador1022

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    border war zone EL PASO TX
    I haven't done one of these in a while, and we've got a number of new people, so I figured we'd get some ideas brewing.

1.) If it were your forum, what would you change?

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum?

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum?

4.) What is the worst part of the forum?

Let me know so I can work on changing a few things around for you guys / gals.
    1-classified ads by geografic area
    2-employment related (might as well hire the "good" people)
    3-video of firearms sporting events
    4-none

wuff4u

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I haven't done one of these in a while, and we've got a number of new people, so I figured we'd get some ideas brewing.

1.) If it were your forum, what would you change? Limit the topics and try to direct people to use a topic already started if possible so there are not so many.

2.) What are some good articles (topics, how-tos, etc.) you'd like to see on the forum? "The legal issues and practicalities of concealed carry in Texas and neighbor states".

3.) What would you like to see added to the forum? An index of topics so we can find stuff.

4.) What is the worst part of the forum? People make multiple entries getting more off topic and usless with each entry, like its a conversation in the parking lot after a few beers. Change it so folks can only have one entry per topic. Their latest entry will erase the their last one? Or the first one stands and they canot make a new one. or if we can flag an entry that is worthless then after say 3 flags it gets deleted.

Let me know so I can work on changing a few things around for you guys / gals.
    thaks for the input

smschulz

Paid for CUT
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I know that many may disagree but I think there may be too many categories and sub categories.
    If there is enough activity then it is fine otherwise you have to navigate through each one to find just a post or two.
    I would rather scroll down a whole page and view what I like.
    Some relation is necessary and helpful though.
    If there is too much activity then sub categories are very good ~ if not a lot of activity then not so good ...IMO.
    I particularly like the way SigForum and 1911forum is 'partitioned'.
    When there is not a lot of posts going on then I just use the "what's new" tab/button.
    YMMV

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I know that many may disagree but I think there may be too many categories and sub categories.
    If there is enough activity then it is fine otherwise you have to navigate through each one to find just a post or two.
    I would rather scroll down a whole page and view what I like.
    Some relation is necessary and helpful though.
    If there is too much activity then sub categories are very good ~ if not a lot of activity then not so good ...IMO.
    I particularly like the way SigForum and 1911forum is 'partitioned'.
    When there is not a lot of posts going on then I just use the "what's new" tab/button.
    YMMV

I've looked at the various forums for a real causality to partition them into sub-forums and the activity just isn't there. From my experience with highly fractured forums you tend to get groups that stay in one part of the forum and stay there. Rarely do they venture out into things that don't interest them. While this would work on a forum with 50,000 active posters, we simply aren't to the point where that would be viable.

I do like the feedback people have given. I've already implemented the 'Man Cave' and it seems to be popular with some. Tonight I will be adding the iTrader and the old Top 10 lists which will aid people in finding more threads.

propellerhead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would put a limit on pictures and text in signature blocks. It you let them get out of control, reading a thread turns into something MySpace-like. You have to wade through huge fonts, colorful flashing text, animated gifs, etc., which drown out the meat of the thread.

anyajohn

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Pakistan
    It would speed up the search option in you sorted guns by maker not just styles.
    Thanks
    Anya
    <a href="http://www.padanagloves.com" title="Mechanic Gloves">Mechanic Gloves Manufacturer</a>

philbo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Houston
    A little effort to keep threads from being hi-jacked due to ego would be refreshing, but I don't see how that could be easily implemented...

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    A little effort to keep threads from being hi-jacked due to ego would be refreshing, but I don't see how that could be easily implemented...

Dude, relax. It was a pleasant thread until you decided to make something out of nothing. Your blowing a mild disagreement of opinion out of perportion and making yourself look like an ass.

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I was on another forum and they had a poll to find out the boards least favorite user...I think that would be a very bad idea, but gloriously hilarious to see what comes out.

chiefglocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Also there should be a button called " My Threads" that allows one to follow his/her thread not having to remember where and what one has posted.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Also there should be a button called " My Threads" that allows one to follow his/her thread not having to remember where and what one has posted.

vBulletin calls it subscription. Go here: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/usercp.php ... and on the left hand side you'll see "Subscriptions". To turn them on go here: http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions ... and scroll down until you see "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" ... turn that to whatever setting you want.

I think your button idea is a good one, I'm going to make a few more links at the top to take you directly to your subscriptions or threads.

Top Bottom