• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    Alright. I decided I would support a local business instead of going to the web, even though I'd have to pay more for the parts as well as sales tax. So I arrived at Hill Country Black Rifles at 11:55, almost a full 30 minutes AFTER their scheduled opening time.

Nothing. Nobody home.

Since I still had 40 minutes left of my lunch hour, I decided to go on down the road to Alamo Tactical. Got there at 12:23, again, quite some time AFTER they were supposed to be open (I think I remember seeing a 10am opeing time on their door).

The doors were locked.

Now, I either order it online, or wait for the gun show next weekend. Either way, a local business does NOT get my money.

How do these people expect to stay in business?
    DK Firearms

tweek

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    DFW
    I'm with you. I like to support local businesses, but when they do everything in their power to push you away I figure why fight it? Amazon gets an s-load of my business. Really damn hard to beat Amazon prime for the convience and cost. Pay $75/year and get free 2 day shipping? Given the number of books I order the $75 is roughly the sales tax I would pay in 3 months buying books alone. The 2 day thing is even better. Then throw in used books at a fraction the cost (no 2 day but oh well).

So if you happen to own a gun store (or any store for that matter) and be reading this: I'm about to order Ameriglo night sights for my FNP-9 from Amazon for 2 reasons: they have them in stock and I order them in about 15 seconds. If you were local to me and were open when I show up and have what I want in stock then I'd definately go that way. I don't mind paying a little more to have what I want right now. But if you make it the least bit a pain for me....Mr. Bezos ought to send you a thank you card.

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    My "Local" shop is Texas Guns.

DAMN thats expensive stuff there.... I now go to Powderhorn. Granted they don't have a lot in parts/aftermarket and stuff like that but they have always been great to me.

JOe

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    That sucks man!
    If I would suggest, take a picture of the rifle you purchased and mail it to the people and explain how you wanted to buy one local, but they couldnt open the door for you.

I like supporting local business, but they also have to support me!!
    Now day's I dont need much of an excuse at all to shop else where!

For example, I just tried to order Kubota parts from the local Kubota dealer. GODS Honest truth, their price was $1,914 for what I needed. I called another dealer across the state and got the exact same stuff for $975...
    I find it too damn hard to shop locally!!!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I go where I'm treated well. I'll even pay more at a business that treats me well. If they DON"T play nice, I blow them off and will drive to the moon to find another vendor before I spend a dollar with them.

Flash

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    I go where I'm treated well. I'll even pay more at a business that treats me well. If they DON"T play nice, I blow them off and will drive to the moon to find another vendor before I spend a dollar with them.

Flash
    Well said and I Roger That.

Top Bottom