Houston police: 4 officers wounded, 2 of 3 suspects dead

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Not a great strategy for opposing attorneys to accuse a DA of corruption. Its generally a great idea to have some kind of professional courtesy, at least publicly.

There are lots of land mines in this case, and lots of further charges could still be made. If they were smart they would work for plea deals. She has a crap ton of evidence already, and more to sort through. Pissing her off is not a good idea. Corruption is a serious charge. Its not like saying shes not good at her job. They are accusing her of a crime.
You do realize Gamaldi, the HPOU Prez, is also national VP of the FOP?

https://www.fop.net/CmsPage.aspx?id=275

He has to zealously represent his membership.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2010
DFW
I think it will come back to bite them. If he was announcing an FBI investigation into her wrong doing? Maybe then. Otherwise, not wise.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
He has to zealously represent his membership.
I can remember many times when I would get into a conversation with my union president and she would admit that she really wished a particular officer or agent would just resign. She was often forced to defend people who were so dirty or incompetent that neither the union nor management thought they should be employed with the bureau. But she was stuck. Sometimes my heart really went out to her.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
Sep 27, 2017
Boerne
Interestingly, there’s a lesson in loyalty here with Gamaldi.

Remember, he was on Fox earlier this month representing the FOP and saying it’s unfair that all LEOs were being judged by the action of one. The MN Police Officer’s Federation (union) is not an FOP affiliate.

Hawkeye David

Jul 2, 2020
Spring
Being an insufferable asshat twerp is not part of that.
Once apon a time I had a CSM that was an insufferable bastard I didn't get along with one bit. One day, during family day, I had my 4 year old daughter in tow and was speaking with the battalion LTC and the CSM walked up and asked who the adorable little girl was. I introduced them and my daughter didn't miss a beat in asking "Daddy, is he the asshat?" I just had to shake my head. Needless to say, a crappy relationship totally went to hell with the CSM.

cvgunman

Well-Known
Oct 9, 2017
Mckinney TX
Once apon a time I had a CSM that was an insufferable bastard I didn't get along with one bit. One day, during family day, I had my 4 year old daughter in tow and was speaking with the battalion LTC and the CSM walked up and asked who the adorable little girl was. I introduced them and my daughter didn't miss a beat in asking "Daddy, is he the asshat?" I just had to shake my head. Needless to say, a crappy relationship totally went to hell with the CSM.
Welcome Hawkeye!

V-Tach

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Sep 30, 2012
Rockport
Just remember...Chief Aceveda said......they didn't need any outside investigators.....HPD internal affairs could handle it....

Top Bottom