• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armybrat

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Honestly, I think this is the real reason Acevedo beat feet out of Houston and went to Miami.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    He fled Austin after a scandal about the incompetence of the APD forensics lab On his watch erupted. Seems they were years behind processing thousands of rape kits, many of which became spoiled In storage.

all while he testified in the legislature hearings against campus carry and told women students concerned about sexual assaults that “we have rape kits for that”. I kid you not.

Why the #Metoo crowd didn’t crucify him for that disgraceful & horribly insensitive gaffe, I’ll never understand.

Many Austinites were very relieved when he skipped out to Houston and said no takebacks.
    And some tried to warn them about him.

Now he’s Miami’s problem.
    Texas SOT

thescoutranch

TN Transplant - We love living in TX
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 5, 2020
    Georgetown
    After spending the day reading the 70 pages of posts for the first time it’s interesting how many questions I still have after two years of investigations.

Was it ever determined if the police officers were shot by friendly fire?

The fact that no handguns were retrieved from the residence and listed on the warrant content listing was very interesting.

The fact it took two years for them to investigate and bring charges on the overtime fraud angle to this.

I would’ve expected an autopsy on homeowner homeowner would’ve shown gunshot residue on his hand if he had discharged a weapon. (Maybe that is just on tv, not science).

One of the articles stated that he had a CHL, another article mentioned that he was legally blind. I know legally blind is a disability not necessarily really blind. Would you even be able to have a CHL if you were declared legally blind?

While I am all for the charged officers getting a fair trial; making the family wait for over two years (this seems like an incredibly long time for this investigation to me ) to get evidence release to them on the investigation, I think is criminal, and it sounds like it may be another couple years before they get the evidence released to them.

thanks for merging the new threads with the old threads as it gave me one place to go to get caught up on this entire story. We had just moved here when this was going on so it was not on my radar back when it happened.

Eli

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Ghettohood - SW Houston
    After spending the day reading the 70 pages of posts for the first time it’s interesting how many questions I still have after two years of investigations.

Was it ever determined if the police officers were shot by friendly fire?

The fact that no handguns were retrieved from the residence and listed on the warrant content listing was very interesting.

You answered your own question - I believe the deceased homeowners were unarmed, everybody that was shot was shot by officers!

Eli

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Hell I say hand out lethal doses free & cull out the dregs.

baboon,

Actually (even though I was once a warrior against the drug dealers/cartels) I would favor letting anyone take any drug they want to, as the Swiss Republic does.

I'm COLD-BLOODIED enough to DO what the SWISS do IF/WHEN you OD: NOTHING.- The Swiss just "let nature take its course" & later police up the corpses.

yours, satx

Last edited:

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    baboon,

Actually (even though I was once a warrior against the drug dealers/cartels) I would favor letting anyone take any drug they want to, as the swiss republic does.

I'm COLD-BLOODIED enough to DO what the SWISS do IF/WHEN you OD: NOTHING.- The Swiss just "let nature take its course" & later police up the corpses.

yours, satx
    Spending money on Narcan and those to dispense it to ODed junkies could be better spent on homeless veterans!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    My wife is legally blind. She has Ritinitus pigmentosa, she only sees about a 30 inch circle at 20 feet. But with glasses she can see it clearly. But she has no peripheral vision. On the rare occasions that she does shoot, she can shoot better than half the people in my LTC class could.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    One of two former Houston police officers charged in a federal civil rights investigation into the deaths of two homeowners killed in a 2019 drug raid has pleaded guilty.

Anyone taking bets on a rash of “gun cleaning” accidents for the other officers that have been charged?
    Guessing his plea is in connection with giving testimony against the others.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    So who do you think the sex triangle includes? Maybe Ms Garcia was banging Tuttle and he broke it off and she went nutso on them? Or maybe Goines was banging Garcia, and found out she had also been banging Tuttle?

Still waiting on the story inside the story. Ain't no way this is about OT.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Top Bottom