• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marksman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Houston
    I am soooooo tired of shooting at targets on stands at gun ranges. At some ranges you can't rapid fire. I understand the necessity for safety at the ranges and I don't have a problem with that. There are enough people that don't respect guns so I definitely understand and appreciate the rules for safety at ranges. This type of shooting is good for zeroing in sights, trying out new firearms, general practice, etc., but I don't always need that.

My problem is, I don't have any land where I can just go shoot cans, water jugs, etc (and cleaning up afterwards). I would like to be able to rapid fire my .22's or 9mm's and have fun (safely and responsibly) other than just being at a stand and shooting targets.

Is there a range or other landowner in the Houston area or nearby that allows this? I'd even pay a membership fee for the privilege.

Hopefully I can have my own land someday, but in the meantime, I'm stuck at the ranges methodically shooting targets.

Good forum!
    Texas SOT

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm looking for a similar place. I want to show my wife the amount of damage a firearm can do and shooting holes in paper won't do it. If anyone knows a good place (preferably in North Houston) I'd appreciate the info.

@Marksman - I'm curious about what you found out about Impact Zone.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Actually I hear (never been) that Thunder Range in Conroe has some private areas. Check 'em out.

Tomservo92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    It doesn't appear that Thunder will just let you shoot anything on their club range however after looking into it, my wife and I decided join next time we go out. $50/year for both of us ($35 for individuals) is a pretty good deal when you consider having a separate range from the public plus free training classes and group ammo buys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hrrquest1000
    Top Bottom