Venture Surplus ad

CLOSED (HOUSTON AREA) Anyone Interested In Splitting a 1500 RD Can of Swiss P 9mm 124Gr FMJ Ammo Made In Switzerland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    It's not a wise time for me to be making "recreational" purchases but I finally came across my favorite "made in Switzerland" range and training ammo for the first time in a long time and it's a decent price if I buy the 1500rd can. I was wondering if anyone in the Houston area would be interested in 500 or 1000 rounds of it at the same cost per box that I'm getting it for. It's Swiss P 9mm 124gr FMJ in 30 boxes of (50) rds MADE IN SWITZERLAND. I'm going to purchase it from SG Ammo in Stillwater, OK. It's $14.95/box but if you buy the 1500rd can the price is $13.95/box, (or $418.50), with free shipping. There is sales tax of $33.82 and I would get shipping insurance for $4.19. The total shipped to my door would come out to $456.51, (or $15.21/box or 30.5 cents/rd). So if anyone is interested in a 500 or 1000 round portion of it you can have for the same price.

In my experience, I have found any ammo from a Ruag division, (Norma, Ruag, Gecco, Swiss P), that is made in Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, or Sweden to be noticeably cleaner and more accurate that any other FMJ ammo I've ever used. Most of the Ruag handgun ammo that is available in the U.S. now is made in Hungary or U.S.A. and for me it has been dirtier and not quite as accurate. That has been my experience and others have had the same. Though a poor man I'm a fanboy for firearms and ammo from Germanic or Scandinavian countries.

Feel free to text me @ 361-739-8121.

Rob
    Lynx Defense

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    That is a pretty sweet deal on 9mm especially with me putting together a 9 mm Colt SMG pistol. The problem with your deal for me is being 3.5 hours one way out of Houstink. For what would be a day trip I can just buy myself a case.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    That is a pretty sweet deal on 9mm especially with me putting together a 9 mm Colt SMG pistol. The problem with your deal for me is being 3.5 hours one way out of Houstink. For what would be a day trip I can just buy myself a case.
    LOL. Very true. Just get yourself the whole can shipped right to your doorstep. I WANT to keep it all but I shouldn't be buying any right now.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    LOL. Very true. Just get yourself the whole can shipped right to your doorstep. I WANT to keep it all but I shouldn't be buying any right now.
    Hi I'm Baboon & I'm an ammo hoarder.
    thumbnail.jpeg

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    Can I be your best friend? Remember the golden rule: It's better to give than receive.

"and keeping the King of England out of your face!"

Yes sir. More than any other justification for a weapon is keeping the kings out of our faces.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy
    That's over $30/100.

Is it special for some reason?
    Only to oddballs like me who are hung up on the stuff made in those countries. LOL. For those who want max performance out of their range ammo it usually excells for a lot of people and a lot of firearms. Many people are only picky about their carry ammo and I don't blame them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    1% of us have been to Africa.
    Hunting in Africa when I did it was no more the what it cost to go Elk hunting or shoot a trophy whitetail. The current exchange rate is $1.00 equals 18.987929 South African Rand, 19,563.071 Zambian Kwacha, 13.572389 Botswana Pule,
    18.982691 Namibian Dollars,

I was very fortunate to have had the chances I did, but I also worked a lot of extra hours too receive those chances. Hunting in Africa was a bucket list thing for me ever since a field trip in grade school to Chicago Field Museum. I seen the Lions of Tsavo & my then teacher turned me on to the book.

Life is what you make of it. We all have the ability to do the things we want, The trick is doing them while we can still enjoy them. Not having had any kids nor a divorce were huge contributing factors of what I did with my life. Having the best wife in the world who supported my in devours might of been even a bigger deal. On one safari I spent a month & that happen to be the month of our wedding anniversary. not a whole lotta women out there like she was.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I’ve been up and down the west coast of Africa, but it wasn’t in the same situations as @baboon or @MTA . I guarantee they enjoyed it more.
    One of my best friends is a senior driller. IIRC Gabon was the worse place he ever worked. I can't remember were he was were the pirates were always trying to take over rigs, but he was on a drill vessel. He has no love for West Africa either.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    Hunting in Africa when I did it was no more the what it cost to go Elk hunting or shoot a trophy whitetail. The current exchange rate is $1.00 equals 18.987929 South African Rand, 19,563.071 Zambian Kwacha, 13.572389 Botswana Pule,

I was very fortunate to have had the chances I did, but I also worked a lot of extra hours too receive those chances. Hunting in Africa was a bucket list thing for me ever since a field trip in grade school to Chicago Field Museum. I seen the Lions of Tsavo & my then teacher turned me on to the book.

Life is what you make of it. We all have the ability to do the things we want, The trick is doing them while we can still enjoy them. Not having had any kids nor a divorce were huge contributing factors of what I did with my life. Having the best wife in the world who supported my in devours might of been even a bigger deal. On one safari I spent a month & that happen to be the month of our wedding anniversary. not a whole lotta women out there like she was.
    My Mustang cost me $10k and I didn’t buy it until I was 55 and retired. That's a whole lot of saving becuase I finance Nothing. Anyway only a few practice with the ammo they carry. The point is moot to do otherwise. To each his own. I'm out!

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    At 55 my body was falling apart from working hard enough to afford what I had. I have always said Try and live your dreams while your young enough to do so. Neither of my last 2 vehicles were really financed either. I look at what a new vehicle cost & the length that people are willing to finance them & I feel sick.

I look at vehicles approaching & exceeding what my first house cost as totally pouched up. I paid down my 30 year mortgage in 15 years. those saving help pay for a lot of cool things.

RedRobin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2022
    Katy

Two great things going for you: A real treasure of a wife and your wisdom to recognize it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom