• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    A Houston women is suing an airline company for PTSD caused by turbulance and the courts are allowing it.Ill take my chances with non aggressively named ammo.I dont trust jury's or judges.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I always get a kick out if it myself. Its regular Z-max ammo with the tip painted green. LOL...puts you in no more or less peril in the courts. If you shoot someone you have 879 other things to worry about before whther you used "Zombie-max" or not.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    A Houston women is suing an airline company for PTSD caused by turbulance and the courts are allowing it.Ill take my chances with non aggressively named ammo.I dont trust jury's or judges.
    You can sue for literally ANYTHING....doesnt mean she will win. Maybe in San Fransico this would be an issue. Not in Texas. Unless you have a pro-zombie judge and jury!

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I'm reading that some of you think judges and jury's use common sense. I'm sure every time somebody justifiably defends themselves they are vindicated.Go ahead,scoff and defend yourself with zombie killing ammo. I think it could be used to judge character.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    The overwhelming majority of the time a justifiable shoot in Texas is ruled just that...justifiable. I have alot to loose and would not worry for one second that I am putting myself in danger by using a bullet that has a zombie on the box.
    It would take about 12 seconds to explain that this is the same ammo that has been for sale for years with no issues, now in a new box devised by our marketing department.
    It doesnt turn you into a psycho that is out looking to kill people.

Research how many wrongful death lawsuits were successful by arguing the brand of bullet made the shooter more dangerous.
    People like to bring up the very short "black talon" scare 20 years ago that led to them chaning the color of the bullet and putting it back on the shelf, and that was after zero succesful lawsuits.

You of course are free to worry about whatever you wish...case law has established there is no need for it though.

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    I just don't get your reasoning Proforguns... Why would it make any difference that it says "Zombies" on it? LMAO this is one of the most ridiculous thing I have heard!

So you're saying a Jury will say "OMG! It was ammo made to kill Zombies! This guy he shot wasn't a Zombie! He is not justified!"

So maybe we should all pull our Hollow Points out of our mags, or ammo that claims to make "bigger holes" because its unnecessary? And Grand Jury will use that to determine if it was justified?

That is pure non-sense IMHO.

proforguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Pipe Creek
    I guess you could be right but it does paint you in a certain light that in itself would hopefully not be enough to make someone judge stupidly.But arguing that its the same as other ammo isn't always going to fly.If you take the same jeans, basketball jersey and baseball hat not to mention neck-less,oversize the pants hang em off my butt wear the hat sideways and people get a very different opinion of who I might be.
    "This individual was using an Assault rifle loaded with rounds marketed to destroy the living dead. What kind of person would think this was a reasonable device for self-defense?" Im not scared of tools or names, but I wouldn't be judging myself this world is full of stupid people.
    I know I havent done the research to know if this type of naming of a self defense product could be harmfull to a lawsuit and Im not a lawyer .So in this case im ignorant so I shall stick with whats worked before plain old 556 rounds for me.
    OH ! my wife just mentioned at the end of the video Hornady even states that it is not to be used on Human Beings!

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I guess you could be right but it does paint you in a certain light that in itself would hopefully not be enough to make someone judge stupidly.But arguing that its the same as other ammo isn't always going to fly.If you take the same jeans, basketball jersey and baseball hat not to mention neck-less,oversize the pants hang em off my butt wear the hat sideways and people get a very different opinion of who I might be.
    "This individual was using an Assault rifle loaded with rounds marketed to destroy the living dead. What kind of person would think this was a reasonable device for self-defense?" Im not scared of tools or names, but I wouldn't be judging myself this world is full of stupid people.
    I know I havent done the research to know if this type of naming of a self defense product could be harmfull to a lawsuit and Im not a lawyer .So in this case im ignorant so I shall stick with whats worked before plain old 556 rounds for me.
    OH ! my wife just mentioned at the end of the video Hornady even states that it is not to be used on Human Beings!
    Arguing that you are using some exotic, bizarre ammo that goes through houses and army tanks...might have a small chance on affecting the outcome of a case, but that is not the case here. We are talking about a marketing campaign. Shootings are usually pretty easy cases to determine whether they are justified or not.
    Using a bullet marketed with the gimmick that they are for zombies would not effect an outcome. The bullets indeed ARE the same as z-max (with the addition of green coloring in the tip.
    the kind of person who would think it reasonable would be anyone with common sense and even the most basic grasp of the law.

Hell if someone broke in your house at 2am, you could argue you grabbed that ammo cause you thought it WAS a zombie! LMAO!!!

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    LOL yeah, I think the DISCLAIMER at the end of the video is full of humor, not to be taken seriously. THERE ARE NO REAL ZOMBIES (yet)! It is a promotion/AD Campaign for the Halloween season I'm assuming.

Or I guess I should take my bird shot out of my shotgun because it says buck shot shells out of my 870 for home defense, since they have birds and clays on the boxes.

Top Bottom