• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fiftyonegun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2021
    Spring, TX
    Hi All, Newbie here. A couple of years ago I sold my AR15 and my 1911. I have some .223/5.56 and .45 ammo left over. I am thinking about taking it to the next Houston area gun show to sell. I haven't been to a gun show in years, and I have no idea what the current market is. How much should I ask? What does a round of AR15 ammo go for these days? How about .45? It is Federal .223, American Eagle 5.56 and Remington UMC .45.

Thanks for your help.
    DK Firearms

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    Sounds like you've gotten out of guns for good and you won't be around here much more.
    You can see what going prices are on GunBroker for an idea of today's prices.

fiftyonegun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2021
    Spring, TX
    We see through you like a used bar of Neutrogena. :)
    I am aware it takes 25 posts to list in the classifieds. I am not attempting to sell here. I am attempting to figure out what I should ask at a gun show to sell this ammo. I don't know that it would be the same amount that is listed on gunbroker. I'm as much a newbie at gunshows as I am here. Just thought I might save the $10 entry fee to gain this knowledge. All that being said, I understand the replies I am getting. I will try elsewhere. Thanks all.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    You could pay the $10 to become a member here and then sell it for a decent markup. Lots of folks looking for ammo. I'd be interested if the price is right.

I last bought .45 from Academy for $19.99/50 and .223 seems to be running about $0.55/round from them last I saw.

fiftyonegun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2021
    Spring, TX
    You could pay the $10 to become a member here and then sell it for a decent markup. Lots of folks looking for ammo. I'd be interested if the price is right.

I last bought .45 from Academy for $19.99/50 and .223 seems to be running about $0.55/round from them last I saw.
    Thanks. I didn't now the option to become a member with instant access to classifieds even existed. I just paid the $10 and y'all will likely soon see it up for sale in classified section.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Hi All, Newbie here. A couple of years ago I sold my AR15 and my 1911. I have some .223/5.56 and .45 ammo left over. I am thinking about taking it to the next Houston area gun show to sell. I haven't been to a gun show in years, and I have no idea what the current market is. How much should I ask? What does a round of AR15 ammo go for these days? How about .45? It is Federal .223, American Eagle 5.56 and Remington UMC .45.

Thanks for your help.

Gun Shows are a complete waste of time and energy. What ever you believe your item is worth or what you see it going for on gunbroker.com expect a vendor to offer you 50% or less that value at a gun show or gun shop. That is after you waste time, money, and effort to get in the door at the show. Gun Shows haven’t been good since the late 1980’s very early 1990’s.

Sell it on TexasGunTrader.com (I have no association with them).

You have in demand calibers and they should sell there. Utilize a safe area to conduct a transaction (RE: Police Substation works here in SA)

Good Luck.

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Moonpie said it better than me. Gun Shows are for suckers. The vendors usually prey on new shooters who haven’t a clue the real market. The saddest part is people spend money to get into them only to get ripped off.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Moonpie said it better than me. Gun Shows are for suckers. The vendors usually prey on new shooters who haven’t a clue the real market. The saddest part is people spend money to get into them only to get ripped off.
    They are NOW, but I've got a few good deals in the past.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    If you offer it for sale on here at almost any price at this point it will be picked up within minutes of you posting it. Last I checked 5.56 is going for 70 cents a round (if you can get it.) If you sell it for 50 you'll be giving anyone a discount. 45 I haven't kept an eye on.

Top Bottom